Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big announcement about the FCB National Booth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
As some of you know we have sought to add autograph guests to the national this year at our booth. Two of these guests have been locked in thus far.

They are Junichi Tazawa of the Boston Redsox

tazawa-mocks-x4.jpg

And Dirk Hayhurst, Relief Pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays and Author of the Bullpen Gospels.

dirk.jpg
bullpenGospels.jpg

We are very excited about these two guests!

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Could we buy copies of the book, get them auto'd, and shipped to us? I'd love to have a personalized copy for Noah and one for Luke.

David

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
SICK!! Already knew about Tazawa though. When will Tazawa be signing? May influence when I go.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Thats awesome Chris!

Would it be possible for you to get some autographed stuff(like the book) and ebay them off after the convention, so thoes who can not make it still have a chance to own some of this cool stuff?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
numba1yankeefan said:
Base Ball - wrong

Baseball - correct

:grouphug:

yes, now it is

but its an homage to the throw back nature of the cards

they are mini tobacco style
'Tis correct. "Base Ball" was common until the 30s I believe when the words were joined. As these were modeled after the tobacco era cards in size and look..."Base Ball" seemed logical.

Of course, I didn't assume so many would miss it.

The final versions will indeed have "Baseball."

There will be a short-printed hand-numbered parallel (or two) as well.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
Why those background pics?
The National takes place in Baltimore.

B-More is known for a few things...three of which being home of Edgar Allen Poe (hence the raven - and the football team name), blue crabs, and the Inner Harbor. I figure the baseball field makes sense.

EDIT: And these may or may not be the parallels. Nothing is completely set in stone yet.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

B-More is known for a few things...three of which being home of Edgar Allen Poe (hence the raven - and the football team name), blue crabs, and the Inner Harbor. I figure the baseball field makes sense.
I knew there must have been a good reason. Thanks for sharing.

Will these cards be given out to get signed?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
200lbhockeyplayer said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

Lame.

Should've had a backdrop of "Hamsterdam"

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
17ROCKIES12 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

There will be "fade to white" boxes on some of the Tazawa an Hayhurst cards to allow for a clean signature.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Very cool!

any news on if W will be making his first public appearance at FCB booth? I know last year he said he was coming to this years National. Will he bringing any supers or chicle original art cards to show off

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
17ROCKIES12 said:

There will be "fade to white" boxes on some of the Tazawa an Hayhurst cards to allow for a clean signature.
Sweet. Will the Hayhurst be the same style?

Wish I could go. I'll get some one way or another though. ;)

Members online

Latest posts