Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possible Fantasy Football Format

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
“Back in the day” (when starting lineups needed to be faxed on Friday and drafts were conducted in person), I was in a Fantasy Football League that was a season-long league, rather than a week-to-week league. I have always preferred this kind of league because it seems to reward consistency rather than playing the schedule.

I also like extended rosters.

Possible Fantasy Football Starting Lineups

QB
QB
RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
Def
Def

The high scoring team each week would receive 1/20th of the kitty. The first place team at the end of the year would receive a 2/20th (1/10th) bonus and the second place team would receive a 1/20th bonus.

Any constructive criticism of this idea is respectfully requested.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
When you do season long leagues, it's best to draft "TEAM QB" rather than QB.

Thus, you draft NE QB and if Tom Brady goes down in week 1, your season's not over. You still have Matt Cassell bringing home the points.

detox

May 15, 2009
season long takes out the skill and fun of adjusting your roster and planning your FF teams success. Sounds like you draft and let it ride.Too boring for me

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
When you do season long leagues, it's best to draft "TEAM QB" rather than QB.

Thus, you draft NE QB and if Tom Brady goes down in week 1, your season's not over. You still have Matt Cassell bringing home the points.

might be tough since cassell is in kc. but i see your point

Aug 29, 2008
detox said:
season long takes out the skill and fun of adjusting your roster and planning your FF teams success. Sounds like you draft and let it ride.Too boring for me

Thats sort of how I feel, especially with the expanded rosters. The waiver wire is so thin that its really hard to make up for having a bad draft. I love it in Head to Head leagues how your team can get hot at the right time and it can propel you to a league championship.

Members online

Latest posts