Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

He gets absolutely no credit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
GarciaBlue.jpg

I've picked up these (/199) for <$25 the last couple of weeks. Although a red refractor did get $228.. these prices are ridiculous! He's a 23 year old left-hander pitching for a popular team and he's currently 6-2 with a 1.49 ERA! He's given up 2 home runs in 72 innings! Part of the problem may be that TLR hasn't let him go too deep in many contests, but he's still one of stingiest pitchers in the MLB right now. For someone who doesn't have ANY other rookie cards.. this seems pretty silly.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
He's been getting progressively worse in each start. High pitch counts and lots of walks. Definitely looks great for the future though.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
He's been getting progressively worse in each start. High pitch counts and lots of walks. Definitely looks great for the future though.

He's bound to regress a little bit when he faces teams for the 2nd and 3rd time around, but the fact that he's managed a couple of weak starts and still us an ERA well below 2 is pretty impressive. What happens if he ends the year at around 15-7 with a 2.5 ERA?

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
he has 07 signs of the future :p

also he'd have more wins if he could go deeper into games

Yeah, but SOTFs are gross 2nd-year insert stickers..

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
TelePlayer22 said:
Codasco07 said:

He's bound to regress a little bit when he faces teams for the 2nd and 3rd time around, but the fact that he's managed a couple of weak starts and still us an ERA well below 2 is pretty impressive. What happens if he ends the year at around 15-7 with a 2.5 ERA?

I don't think $20-25 is too outrageous for a blue. The market is moving towards autographed cards as the other poster suggested. The days of a non-autographed gold refractor being a key card are over. As for Jaime, if he puts up those numbers, he'd be in the Cy Young conversation, so prices would rise. I don't think he's going to do that, but it'd be nice. There's a chance he finishes with an ERA under 3, but you know the HRs are going to increase and he strands runners at a ridiculous rate. Coupled with an increase in his walks, there's going to be a lot more runs crossing the plate.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Codasco07 said:
TelePlayer22 said:
Codasco07 said:

I don't think $20-25 is too outrageous for a blue. The market is moving towards autographed cards as the other poster suggested. The days of a non-autographed gold refractor being a key card are over. As for Jaime, if he puts up those numbers, he'd be in the Cy Young conversation, so prices would rise. I don't think he's going to do that, but it'd be nice. There's a chance he finishes with an ERA under 3, but you know the HRs are going to increase and he strands runners at a ridiculous rate. Coupled with an increase in his walks, there's going to be a lot more runs crossing the plate.

I disagree. I would say he would be in the ROY talk, but Jiminez, Halladay, and Johnson are the top three pitchers in the NL.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
it makes VERY little sense. Part of it is the utter disrespect for non-auto'd chrome cards.

I can't BELIEVE what Jason Heyward 2007 FIRST EVER BOWMAN CHROME REFRACTOR parallels sell for. (nothing, compared to the 2008 autos).

Part of it, is that people don't tend to realize futures games cards are often the first card. It took people a while to realize the 2005 Futures Game Volquez was his true rookie.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
mredsox89 said:
$25 for a non auto /199 seems pretty solid for a rookie that hasn't had much hype. What were those going for a year, 2 years ago?

On December 2006 I bought a my only blur ref for $2.81
Can't believe I didn't buy more, I've seen those blur refractors sell for more than $40 recently :(

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
7 IP, 2 ER, 7 Ks and 1 BB last night, but he got the loss in a 2-1 game... still dominant!

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
his cards haven't moved at all. I bought a xfractor for 7 three months ago thinking it would go up, but the last one just ended for $8.

Members online

Latest posts