Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help with original t206

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
There is a card store near you that has over 125 of them all authentic, Ty Cobb, Evers, chance, Matthewson, + others. Maybe you should stop by their shop and check them out.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
There are over 1,000,000 T206 cards out there, they are easy to find.

What condition, player, team, brand back are you looking for? That will make a difference in where the best place to buy is.

If you just want a common player in VG (under$30) eBay is by far the best place, anywhere else you will usually pay dealer flip prices. Most dealers buy at auction then flip for profits of 50-100+%. Best to skip middleman.

If you want star cards ie. Cobb, Johnson, Mathewson, Speaker, Lajoie, Young, etc. or a tough back ie. Drum, Carolina Brights, Lenox, Uzit, etc., and dont have experience with tobacco cards, its best to buy one already graded by SGC or PSA. Inexperienced newbies may get burnt buying raw. But raw is the best IMO if you know what you are doing.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
fkw said:
There are over 1,000,000 T206 cards out there, they are easy to find.

What condition, player, team, brand back are you looking for? That will make a difference in where the best place to buy is.

If you just want a common player in VG (under$30) eBay is by far the best place, anywhere else you will usually pay dealer flip prices. Most dealers buy at auction then flip for profits of 50-100+%. Best to skip middleman.

If you want star cards ie. Cobb, Johnson, Mathewson, Speaker, Lajoie, Young, etc. or a tough back ie. Drum, Carolina Brights, Lenox, Uzit, etc., and dont have experience with tobacco cards, its best to buy one already graded by SGC or PSA. Inexperienced newbies may get burnt buying raw. But raw if the best IMO if you know what you are doing.

I am trying to find all the backs of a particular common. I know of 14 versions and have 7 of them. I just want to find the others and go from there. Some of the remaining 7 I need are tough (Uzit and Drum) but the others are pretty simple however I just can't seem to find them.

The sites some of the follow members have listed are great. I am just hoping there is a site I have overlooked that has a nice pool of common players with rare or common backs. Thanks for your help.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Are you sure there are 14 back for your front??

Im not an expert on back to front combos, (Ted Z. on Net54 is by far).........

The T206 cards were issued in series (ie 150, 350, 350-460, 460) over a 3 year span, no card is found will all backs, actually many cards are only found with a few back and a couple with one 1 back (Demmitt & OHara St.L).

The series and 3 year span is why most players are found with more than 1 pose, Hal Chase has 5 different cards in T206, Cobb 4, etc..

Who is the player??, are you a member over at net54, they can actually break down and tell you what cards are found with what backs.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Once again, thank you very much all of the information everyone is passing along. I have made some strides.

fkw, a couple of years ago someone gave me this wonderful spreadsheet with every single card with every known existing back. It's pretty incredible. The 14 backs I am looking for is a minimum of what I need since so many variations pop up every now and then.

Members online

No members online now.