Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark Mulder has (unofficially?) retired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
My favorite pitcher. I remember when a Topps Traded Mulder Auto BGS 9.5 went for $355. Thankfully I never paid close to that but he was the other guy I went after in the 1999 set besides Carl Crawford, and I have 3 of the 9.5's (last I checked there were 13 total.)

From Rotoworld:

Mark Mulder told Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse that he has retired.
"I guess I am [retired]," Mulder told Fletcher. "I haven't touched a baseball since February." Mulder, who hasn't appeared in a major league game since the 2008 season, was linked in talks with the Brewers over the winter, however nothing materialized. The southpaw wraps up his injury-plagued career with a record of 103-60 to go along with a 4.18 ERA and 1.34 WHIP. A two-time All-Star, Mulder finished second in the American League Cy Young award voting in 2001 when he won 21 games at the age of 23. He's just another case of what could have been.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I can remember walking into the LCS and buying 2 2001 (02 maybe) jerseys of Zito and of Mulder. (Topps) it was awesome. They were splitting but I got them cheap and they are a nice addition to the PC

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
It's a shame that he was injured. I thought he had a real shot at being the next Tom Glavine.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Sean_C said:
It's a shame that he was injured. I thought he had a real shot at being the next Tom Glavine.
Glavine was the guy he made me think of as well.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
It is a shame, I saw him pitch in college and met him a couple times I had real high hopes for him. I just wish the sparty alumni had a better career.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
dreamerfan said:
It is a shame, I saw him pitch in college and met him a couple times I had real high hopes for him. I just wish the sparty alumni had a better career.
103-60 for the career and that's with his last 3 seasons where he was a shell of himself.

Members online