Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Biggest purchase of my life, jumbo vintage NYY swatch style.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Thanks Avery. I had previously been looking for a nice higher-end card to spend some money on, and I got bad news today at the doctor, so I had to let off some steam by buying something. It just so happened that this card popped out at me for what I consider a fantastic price.

Ant

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Thanks Avery. I had previously been looking for a nice higher-end card to spend some money on, and I got bad news today at the doctor, so I had to let off some steam by buying something. It just so happened that this card popped out at me for what I consider a fantastic price.

Ant
Hope everything is alright (or as alright as they can be.) Sweet pick-up!!

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Stuff's okay. I was hoping to get off of the crutches today, which I have been on for longer than I can remember (six weeks, maybe?). I unfortunately was unable to, and I almost threw the darn things at the doctor today. Four MORE weeks, because my femur hasn't completely healed back together from the operation more than two months ago. :(

And tomorrow, they're doing a nerve conduction study to see if the nerve pain in my foot will go away anytime in my lifetime. In doing so, they'll have to attach my foot to a machine that will shock it. Sounds pleasant.

So I bought this card, because it makes me happy. :D :D

And thanks Dave! It means a lot coming from a guy like you with your amazing Ultimate collection.

Ant

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Stuff's okay. I was hoping to get off of the crutches today, which I have been on for longer than I can remember (six weeks, maybe?). I unfortunately was unable to, and I almost threw the darn things at the doctor today. Four MORE weeks, because my femur hasn't completely healed back together from the operation more than two months ago. :(

And tomorrow, they're doing a nerve conduction study to see if the nerve pain in my foot will go away anytime in my lifetime. In doing so, they'll have to attach my foot to a machine that will shock it. Sounds pleasant.

And thanks Dave! It means a lot coming from a guy like you with your amazing Ultimate collection.

Ant
Ouch!! Good luck with that, and enjoy the card!! It's a sweet one.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant

Thanks! I still REALLY want that book you have. Since I lost the Jackie Robinson I showed you, it just fueled m fire to buy something sweet.

Ant

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant

Thanks! I still REALLY want that book you have. Since I lost the Jackie Robinson I showed you, it just fueled m fire to buy something sweet.

Ant
Hit me up about it at any time. I'm not actively looking to move it, so there's a good chance I'll still have it.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow, Ant! Hope that study goes well, doesn't sound like much fun. And hope you get off those crutches sooner than expected. Hang in there.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
wideright said:
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow, Ant! Hope that study goes well, doesn't sound like much fun. And hope you get off those crutches sooner than expected. Hang in there.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the kind words more than anyone knows. I just looked at your collection again, and I saw that you sold lots of your stuff. Man, that's unfortunate, but I'm sure you got a lot out of it. The Nolan Ryan/Randy Johnson no-no dual has to be one of my favorites.

Anthony

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
wideright said:
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
aminors said:

Ant

Ant

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the kind words more than anyone knows. I just looked at your collection again, and I saw that you sold lots of your stuff. Man, that's unfortunate, but I'm sure you got a lot out of it. The Nolan Ryan/Randy Johnson no-no dual has to be one of my favorites.

Anthony
Yeah I had a business debt to take care of and the easiest thing to move was my dual set. Thankfully it worked out, debt paid off, and I'll probably try to put the set together again someday ;)

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
wideright said:
aminors said:
wideright said:
aminors said:
Topnotchsy said:
[quote="aminors":2k4buf29]Thanks Avery. I had previously been looking for a nice higher-end card to spend some money on, and I got bad news today at the doctor, so I had to let off some steam by buying something. It just so happened that this card popped out at me for what I consider a fantastic price.

Ant

Ant

Anthony
Yeah I had a business debt to take care of and the easiest thing to move was my dual set. Thankfully it worked out, debt paid off, and I'll probably try to put the set together again someday ;)[/quote:2k4buf29]

Seems like you have your priorities in the right place. I shot you a PM, by the way.

Anthony

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Congrats on the pickup! Hard to go wrong with Dimaggio. And good luck with your foot because that sounds quite painful

Members online