Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Casey McGehee can bite it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i am all for playing hard but there's no need for that. aybar was clearly going to eat the throw at 2b and mcgehee went in hard and late injuring aybar's left leg. from the replays, it looks like an MCL/ACL injury...not good.

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
I tend to agree with you. No way Aybar was going to make a throw there, but I doubt McGehee was trying to hurt him, probably just not thinking and wanting to go in hard after getting hit by the pitch.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
LLWesMan said:
They definitely hit him on purpose. The blame for the injury is as much on the first baseman as it is on McGehee. Terrible throw forced Aybar to fully extend.

Therefore, the blame is on Morales for breaking his leg.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
LLWesMan said:
vwnut13 said:
LLWesMan said:
They definitely hit him on purpose. The blame for the injury is as much on the first baseman as it is on McGehee. Terrible throw forced Aybar to fully extend.

?

Had Morales not broken his leg, (insert new first baseman here) would not have made the throw that pulled Aybar of the bag that caused the injury.

Chain of events my friend.
:lol:

Wes

OG
Administrator
vwnut13 said:
LLWesMan said:
vwnut13 said:
LLWesMan said:

?

Had Morales not broken his leg, (insert new first baseman here) would not have made the throw that pulled Aybar of the bag that caused the injury.

Wow that's a heck of a reach! :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
just watched the replay, you can tell it wasn't intentional. as a runner, you aren't looking at the SS or 2B face or arm to determine whether he's going to throw it or not. your job is to break up the double play and that is exactly what McGehee did.

it was just unfortunate for Aybar. there was NO WAY McGehee had enough time to stop his momentum on his slide into second base. It was clean.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
vwnut13 said:
LLWesMan said:
vwnut13 said:
LLWesMan said:

?

To take it one step further here I'm afraid Mark Teixeira would have to shoulder some of the blame as well. Had Tex not left via free agency, Morales wouldn't have gotten the 1B job, If Morales doesnt have the 1B job then he doesn't break his leg celebrating a walk off homerun. If Morales doesn't break his leg then Rob Quinlan doesn't take over, if Rob Quinlin plays last night, then Kevin Frandsen isn't playing 1st...which isn't his natural position. See here, all roads lead to Mark Teixeira as the one to blame.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
markakis8 said:
just watched the replay, you can tell it wasn't intentional. as a runner, you aren't looking at the SS or 2B face or arm to determine whether he's going to throw it or not. your job is to break up the double play and that is exactly what McGehee did.

it was just unfortunate for Aybar. there was NO WAY McGehee had enough time to stop his momentum on his slide into second base. It was clean.
That was about as intentional as you can get.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Hallsgator said:
markakis8 said:

I completely agree. I don't see how anyone can watch that replay and not think it was a malicious slide.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
sigma_chi said:
Hallsgator said:
markakis8 said:

I completely agree. I don't see how anyone can watch that replay and not think it was a malicious slide.

Your job as the base runner is to break up the double play. McGehee wasn't trying to injure Aybar, but unfortunately he did. You can also see that McGehee tried to stop - look at his body position - unfortunately, his momentum carried him into Aybar.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
lisu said:
sigma_chi said:
Hallsgator said:
markakis8 said:

Your job as the base runner is to break up the double play. McGehee wasn't trying to injure Aybar, but unfortunately he did.
He slid extra late to try and hit him harder, because of his HBP.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
That's just a good hard play. That is baseball folks. I am sure you wouldn't have brought this up if that pitch that beaned McGehee had hurt him. You would have said that one just got away. Learn to take a throw Aybar.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I've seen lots of extra late slides and also lots of slides that were nowhere near second base. McGehee had every right to slide into second base as the baserunner. It's unfortunate that Aybar got hurt, but he left himself in a dangerous position.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
securedsports said:
That's just a good hard play. That is baseball folks. I am sure you wouldn't have brought this up if that pitch that beaned McGehee had hurt him. You would have said that one just got away. Learn to take a throw Aybar.

says the Milwaukee fan. That might be baseball, but it's bush league baseball. It was clear to everyone from the announcers, to the guys on sportscenter and baseball tonight that he had malicious intent. Sidebar....why the heck is McGehee so fat?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
lisu said:
I've seen lots of extra late slides and also lots of slides that were nowhere near second base. McGehee had every right to slide into second base as the baserunner. It's unfortunate that Aybar got hurt, but he left himself in a dangerous position.
Yea, like Aybar had a choice of where to catch the ball.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Its good hard baseball, just like all of the announcers said it was a clean play and wasn't dirty. He is thick not fat. HA HA :lol:

Members online

No members online now.