Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else having a Paypal "Unconfirmed" problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
I just paid for an auction I won with a best offer overnight. I check the receipt that paypal sends to your email and it says that my address is "confirmed." My address has been confirmed for over five years. But then I go to paypal and check out the transaction and it states my address is "unconfirmed." I then check my last payment, which were ebay fees, and again it states "unconfirmed" for my address. I have not changed anything since I first started using paypal. So, I give paypal a call and the guy there says my address is confirmed even though on my computer it states unconfirmed. I am still "verified" though.

Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has had this happen before? And if so, how did they fix it? I don't want an unconfirmed address showing up in my transactions because I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't ship to an unconfirmed address. Thanks for your time and any help I can get on this topic,

Jim

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I've noticed it in mine as well. Haven't had anyone question it yet. I haven't done anything different for years.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Add me to the list. I paid for 3 auctions over the weekend and I think 1 of the receipts had my address as unconfirmed, though the other 2 were confirmed.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
Same here. I thought maybe the issue was my CC on the account expired and I hadn't updated the date for it on my account. That didn't fix it though.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I have noticed that if I pay for an auction using the ebay iPhone app, then any address I pick is listed as unconfirmed in the subsequent email. I get around this by just going to the ebay website in Safari. Any of you guys using a phone to bid and pay?

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
Same thing happening to me. Says unconfirmed, but when I pay it says confirmed on the transaction.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Yeah dude I am also having an issue with paypal.... I am trying pay for certain things and it won't allow me to use my balance but wants to charge my credit card, well I took my card off my account so it would have no other choice then the use the remaining balance. Well anyways now it's telling me a valid credit card is needed on file ::facepalm::

Paypal charges up the A$$ in fees, I would expect them to have a better system then this.

Shep :ugeek:

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
I've had the same problem too recently and it makes it especially difficult since most of my purchases are from US buyers and all they see is an unconfirmed Canadian when they check the address. I called Paypal about it 2 days ago and the agent told me that it was a bug in the system and they were working to get it fixed. He assured me that the seller was still covered under their protection so not to worry about being unconfirmed for the time being.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I know you've already gotten the gist that Paypal is screwed up.

BUT-Call customer service and ask to speak to J.R. and give him an earful. I had this same issue with them. He was the third "manager" I spoke too.

Mine showed up as unconfirmed, after I had it confirmed a few months earlier. During the course of our phonecall, mine went from unconfirmed to confirmed. HOWEVER, it was apparently showing up as unconfirmed on their end. With both me and the seller, it was showing as confirmed by the end of the fiasco. Good ol' J.R. said he was going to put in for an "investigation" as to what the problem was that was going on. I asked him for a copy of the outcome of that investigation (fat chance) and he said he'd send me one. :lol:

In any event, never heard back from them. Not that I actually expected them to. My status is now back at unconfirmed again. I've gone back and forth about four times now. So, call J.R. and ask if he ever put in for that investigation since it's apparently a widespread problem. Oh, and none of their managers have extensions (yeah right) and nobody there will give their last name.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Add me to the list. I had one seller write me and asked why it said unconfirmed on his end
since I have 100% on Ebay as a buyer and seller, and my buying comments say fast paying and great
ebayer. He is still sending it, and I can see him being somewhat nervous too since it says that.

mrangrydonut

Nov 27, 2009
shephech said:
Paypal charges up the A$$ in fees, I would expect them to have a better system then this.

Just because a company charges a lot for their services does not mean they are good at what they do or care about customer satisfaction. They're not in the business of making you happy. Goal #1 is to make piles of cash.

I'm not picking on Paypal specifically here...you could make the statement about almost every business entity.

Since Paypal is the only game in town and we all have a card buying addiction, it works out well for them regardless of their competency.

Members online

No members online now.