Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHERE IS THE EVAN LONGORIA SUPERFRACTOR???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesrockz

May 26, 2010
Just curious to see what people think. Do you think it's in a hobby box of 2006 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects? Or is someone hanging onto it for an unknown reason? Or maybe some kid got some packs for x-mas and has no idea what they have? Thoughts?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's currently in the hands of a now-15 year old young man in Abilene Texas, who pulled it from a pack at his local card shop three years ago.

The card is currently tacked to his bulletin board in his room where he can admire it from time to time, because "it looks cool".

That's as good an explanation as any other.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Oh, that thing? I pulled it out of a single pack purchase way back in 2006. I didn't like the look of it, so it went into a commons box that I donated to the local preschool.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It has been pulled, sold to a collector in a private transaction, and is sitting in that collector's collection who wants nobody but his closest friends to know about it. And we probably won't see it this generation, unless the guy is hard up for some cash. In other words, he's Wossaing Wossa.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I bet its just in a box sitting around a shop, storage, or in a case someone is sitting on.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
jesrockz said:
Just curious to see what people think. Do you think it's in a hobby box of 2006 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects? Or is someone hanging onto it for an unknown reason? Or maybe some kid got some packs for x-mas and has no idea what they have? Thoughts?

its one of the most speculated things in the whole hobby.

sure, it could have been pulled by a kid, but odds are kids who know very little about baseball wouldnt have bought a prospecting product to begin with, but instead a base topps/ud product with Pujols or Griffey on the cover.

I hear theres about 10-20 of the 06B still out there. so odds are it could very well still be in one of those packs. I tend to think it is.

It would be cool to do a "search effort" with everyone buying a box(/case) and busting it on a certain day. maybe we could knock that 10-20% to 5-10% remainder.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
brouthercard said:
It has been pulled, sold to a collector in a private transaction, and is sitting in that collector's collection

Close...it is pulled and sitting in a collection. Not everyone who busted that product is a FCB or BMB member. It's existence is not necessarily a secret.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
muchuckwagon said:
Close...it is pulled and sitting in a collection. Not everyone who busted that product is a FCB or BMB member. It's existence is not necessarily a secret.

I would like to hear more on this claim. It's been published in multiple magazines and across multiple sites/blogs. I am guessing if it was "not necessarily a secret" then more information would have been divulged.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
donrusscrusademan said:
I hear theres about 10-20 of the 06B still out there. so odds are it could very well still be in one of those packs. I tend to think it is.

How does someone calculate the 10-20% number? It doesn't seem possible...even more so when you consider the number of cases that go overseas.

Ever think it might be sitting in Twain in a collection?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
muchuckwagon said:
donrusscrusademan said:

How does someone calculate the 10-20% number? It doesn't seem possible...even more so when you consider the number of cases that go overseas.

I'm sitting in twain right now just thinking about the Longoria superfractor.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
muchuckwagon said:
donrusscrusademan said:

thats just a rough estimate of the numbers people are throwing around. it seems about right but I have 0 clue.
good question, I would like to see someone with some math skills tackle it and make a sharper estimate than mine.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It's actually a not so well-known fact that the 2006 Bowman Chrome Draft Evan Longoria superfractor was an error card.

Topps accidentally replaced a photo of Longoria with a picture of an unknown minor league prospect from the Pirates organization, and it turns out, Topps actually got one of their employees to sign the card. Apparently, the prospect has even less hope of actually making it to the majors, though no one is really sure where he is at this time.

Now, presenting for the first time ever, the granddaddy superfractor of them all:

The 2006 Bowman chrome draft Evan Longoria superfractor auto 1/1 ERROR card!
queenfelix.jpg

should I ask topps for a replacement? really, i'll even take a non-error Longoria red auto /5 for it. Darn Topps!

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
mudflap02 said:
I'm sitting in twain right now just thinking about the Longoria superfractor.

How is that possible? How can you be in two places at the same time since you were just running through my dreams, you sexy beast. :eek:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
bradical said:
muchuckwagon said:

I would like to hear more on this claim. It's been published in multiple magazines and across multiple sites/blogs. I am guessing if it was "not necessarily a secret" then more information would have been divulged.

I did find two different responses in two different blogs stating that the card has been pulled, and the guy is keeping it in his collection. Granted, one of the responses claims it was on ebay at one time, so I doubt the legitimacy of that one.

Members online

Latest posts