Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

funny strasburg chrome EBay story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefivemajors

Mar 23, 2010
Sold a couple before I got suspended and all that verification crap. Still working on it but whatever. Hit bought a strasburg chrome from me. Gets it in the mail and says that it is all dinged up and looks really bad and wants a 15 refund and that would make him happy. I told him no send it back and I will refund you the whole amount. He replies that he sells all his stuff to clients and it is all investments to him and to save on shipping and this and that to go ahead and send him a couple dollars and he will be okay with his purchase. Really you feel like you overpayed a couple dollars and want some of it back. Good people out there.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
The best emails are when people email you saying they want a partial refund because the $50 card they bought from you is now selling for $30.

I always respond if it was now worth $70, would I be entitled to an extra $20 payment?

thefivemajors

Mar 23, 2010
Kind of like athletes that hold out for more money when they have a good year or two. What if they are a complete bust can the team demand that they get some of their money back.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Had an ebayer years ago want me to refund his money because the player was just injured and was out for the season.

In his words, "It only seems fair for you to make good on this as I expected the player to have a career year." ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Thankfully, this was back when sellers could still leave negatives for freaky bidders and he didn't push his request. I politely declined, telling him, "Them's the breaks."

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
frzg said:
The best emails are when people email you saying they want a partial refund because the $50 card they bought from you is now selling for $30.

I always respond if it was now worth $70, would I be entitled to an extra $20 payment?

Had basically this exact thing happen. Guy bought a card from me for what was an all time high at the time (price would be a highway robbery steal based on today's prices). It was perfectly centered and in good condition overall.

When the guy got it, he complained that it had scratches on it and wanted a partial refund. I said I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the card but that I'd be happy to refund him the whole amount if he wanted to return the card.

He tentatively agreed to do this and I messaged him back saying to please mail to (my address) and let me know when you have sent. Shortly thereafter, the price of the card doubled, tripled, and finally quadrupled from the price I sold. Needless to say, I didn't ever get the card back or hear from that fellow again.

Even though it continued to go up in value, I was happy with the sale and even happier that the guy stopped trying to squeeze money back out of me simply because the card might not have been a 9.5 like he thought. I recently saw it back on eBay as a BGS 9.5 with a BIN price of 8 times what he paid for the card.

Great people indeed.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How about this.. Ebayer won the bid on a Sat, sent me payment on Tuesday and started asking where the card was on Thursday. He lives in Hawaii, I live in Georgia..
Gets better (it was a blue Stras), says "I never got it" which is total b.s. I forgot to send it Delivery Confirmation (my mistake I know!), anyway, files a "case" with ebay.. they won't accept my receipt showing I mailed the item on 05/21/10. So I am out the MONEY and the card.
He has 4 negative feedbacks i n the last 6 months. I have zero.. THANK YOU EBAY for screwing me.. enjoy the card ****** bag

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
brianga26 said:
How about this.. Ebayer won the bid on a Sat, sent me payment on Tuesday and started asking where the card was on Thursday. He lives in Hawaii, I live in Georgia..
Gets better (it was a blue Stras), says "I never got it" which is total b.s. I forgot to send it Delivery Confirmation (my mistake I know!), anyway, files a "case" with ebay.. they won't accept my receipt showing I mailed the item on 05/21/10. So I am out the MONEY and the card.
He has 4 negative feedbacks i n the last 6 months. I have zero.. THANK YOU EBAY for screwing me.. enjoy the card ****** bag

I think you screwed yourself....that situation was easily preventable. That doesn't make the buyer any less of a db but still...it was within your control.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
muchuckwagon said:
brianga26 said:

I think you screwed yourself....that situation was easily preventable. That doesn't make the buyer any less of a db but still...it was within your control.

I agree. I made this mistake, but when I have a receipt showing I mailed a first class package to Kailua Hawaii.. I am pretty sure that shows it was mailed.. don't you think?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
brianga26 said:
muchuckwagon said:
brianga26 said:

I agree. I made this mistake, but when I have a receipt showing I mailed a first class package to Kailua Hawaii.. I am pretty sure that shows it was mailed.. don't you think?

Paypal's rules are pretty simple and very, very, clear. Send it delivery confirmation or you lose.

Period.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010

i hear ya 100% but how does ebay or paypal not know that you have a friend out there that you just send a package to an you are tryin to scam the buyer. I see both sides. Just sucks that you have to send with delivery con even on little 1-3 dollar items because ppl will try an screw you. In the old times you could make money off of shippin on those items now it hardly worth it to list them.

Members online

Latest posts