Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Auto sale price head-scratchers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Every year, you have players that sell for waaaay more than what they should be going for...this year, my headscratcher award goes to Thomas Neal.

He had a GREAT season in the Cal League last year but isn't he the classic example of a guy who dominates Cal League pitching and struggles at higher levels (with his power specifically). He has 4 HR's and his Golds and blue's are getting some decent coin.

I'm not saying he's not a good player but he's like 23 years old in AA!

Someone explain this one! :cool:

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
Every year, you have players that sell for waaaay more than what they should be going for...this year, my headscratcher award goes to Thomas Neal.

He had a GREAT season in the Cal League last year but isn't he the classic example of a guy who dominates Cal League pitching and struggles at higher levels (with his power specifically). He has 4 HR's and his Golds and blue's are getting some decent coin.

The Giants are so void of talented position players in the minors that he has a very real chance to be the starting LF in late 2011/opening day 2012. At that point he'd be 25 and that is a baby for an aging Giants team.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Messier2 said:

The reason can be explained with one word, and it begins with a W.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:

yep, the W factor

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:

Whiskey

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:

and the L.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:

yep, the W factor

The W factor as in he's driving the prices up or are people buying anticipating a flip to W?

But, like they say, it takes 2 to tango and if W bids insanely high but there are no other "high" bidders out there, the card ends for a not so crazy amount...so someone else might be after him hard as well.

That's right, the Giants are low on quality position players but prices still seem pretty high for me!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Messier2 said:
The W factor as in he's driving the prices up or are people buying anticipating a flip to W?

But, like they say, it takes 2 to tango and if W bids insanely high but there are no other "high" bidders out there, the card ends for a not so crazy amount...so someone else might be after him hard as well.

The former.

And it doesn't always take two. Case in point - fixed listings w/ BO.

Members online

Latest posts