Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scott Mathieson gets the call -- again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Incredible story. Great to see him get the call back to the majors.

Mathieson, 26, is 2-2 with a 2.43 ERA and 12 saves in 25 appearances with Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Mathieson had a 0.79 ERA in his first 19 appearances.

This completes Mathieson's grueling journey back to the big leagues. He went 1-4 with a 7.47 ERA in nine appearances (eight starts) with the Phillies in 2006. His struggles led to the Phillies acquiring Jamie Moyer. Mathieson injured his right elbow Sept. 2, 2006, and had Tommy John surgery Sept. 29. He made seven rehab appearances in August 2007, but felt more discomfort and required ulnar nerve transposition Sept. 24, 2007.

Mathieson had his second Tommy John surgery in 2008.

The chances of returning to the big leagues following two Tommy John surgeries are slim, but Mathieson did it. He's back.

And this has nothing to do with his cards -- of which I have over a hundred of his Finest auto parallels (don't get me started). He's a nice kid and it's great to see him fight his way back.

(Tony Bastard was DL'ed)

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Woo hoo!

I think it's fair to say we both have pretty stellar Mathieson PC's now, but I'm just rooting for the guy. Anyone who has been through what he has but had the balls to man up and fight through it to get back should be an instant fan favorite.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know he got smacked around some, but some consolation would be that he's was hitting the high 90s consistently.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
The pen doesn't need this guy throwing beach balls in the later innings.They need to send this guy back to where
he came.

Members online

Latest posts