Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily Thread - TGIFriday! 6/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Morning everybody! I went to Rotten Tomatoes this morning and saw that Toy Story 3 comes out today. It's currently got a 100% on the tomatometer as well, which is really saying something. I do believe I may go and see it.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
It's never a good sign when your dad's hometown of 600 people in southern Minnesota kicks off the Twin Cities news - luckily my uncle avoided the half-mile wide tornado that touched down there.

I posted something before, and will again - if anyone wants any of my doubles of their team from Topps Magic, let me know. I'm not collecting the minis either, so they are also fair game. The Eagles have been spoken for, but everything else is wide open. I'll probably just ask for an SASE.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I had to contact the seller of that same hockey auction again this morning. On Tuesday he said that he'd be 'in the office' and said that he gave some cards to somebody to mail out while he was away on business. He said that he'd find out what happened to them and let me know, as well as the other people that had apparently been emailing him about the same stuff. Wednesday and now Thursday have passed, and I haven't gotten another email from him. I just want the dang card already. :| I paid like 150% auction price at a BIN to get it quick and this guy needs to be ****** around to get any info from him.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Slette said:
It's never a good sign when your dad's hometown of 600 people in southern Minnesota kicks off the Twin Cities news - luckily my uncle avoided the half-mile wide tornado that touched down there.

I posted something before, and will again - if anyone wants any of my doubles of their team from Topps Magic, let me know. I'm not collecting the minis either, so they are also fair game. The Eagles have been spoken for, but everything else is wide open. I'll probably just ask for an SASE.

Jared buys anything

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Alright so i said i was bantering with an ebay seller last night, and the latest email he sent me makes me want to post the story.
He had a card listed as a blue refractor (said that he assumed it was a blue, but looked a little purple in the description. didn't really think anything of it tho because it said blue twice now), so i get it yesterday and its a purple refractor. not really that big of a deal because it was like $4.70 shipped, but it was just the principle that it was listed wrong, and quite frankly i wouldn't have bid on it knowing it was a purple. so i emailed him telling him that i wanted my money back because it was mislisted, and not something that i really wanted due to what i said above. and he says ok, but "ebay safety harbor" said that he was protected since it was mentioned as being purple ("looks a little purple" was what the description said), and he also says that i will have to mail it back (usually on cards this cheap sellers just say to keep it and they will refund, but no biggie). i then get ANOTHER email (4th one at this point) saying that i will only be getting $1.70 back, not $4.70 (he's not refunding me the shipping price i paid). that kinda rubbed me the wrong way because he charged $3 shipping for a tiny mailer w/o DC and it had a $.66 cent stamp on it. i sent this back:
No, i should be issued $4.70, not $1.70. The card didn't even cost you a buck to ship, yet you charged $3, plus i have to spend my own money to send the card back because you mislisted it. Explain to me how that only warrants a $1.70 refund?

so then i wake up to this, this morning:
as i said before i put in description card was purple in color any real sports collector would know that bowman did not make a purple refractor could be an error card i listed based on bowmans checklist again as ebay says I did describe correctly non the less i will refund 1.70 and actually per safety harbor with ebay I don't have to issue the 1.70 hope you make sure card gets returned good luck so that this doesn't happen have blocked from future bidding enough of the emails
1st, this whole thing is full of ignorance, especially when he says that "any real sports collector" would know that there was no purple
and 2nd, the bolded part makes me think that if i don't use DC to send it back he's going to pull the "i never got the card back, so you're not getting a refund".
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
J-Rod said:
Slette said:

Jared buys anything

Yes, yes he does. I only have a couple-hundred commons right now, but I could probably dig up a few autos to add to the pot to make it worth our whiles. How much longer are you actually in town?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
tikitomoka said:
Alright so i said i was bantering with an ebay seller last night, and the latest email he sent me makes me want to post the story.
He had a card listed as a blue refractor (said that he assumed it was a blue, but looked a little purple in the description. didn't really think anything of it tho because it said blue twice now), so i get it yesterday and its a purple refractor. not really that big of a deal because it was like $4.70 shipped, but it was just the principle that it was listed wrong, and quite frankly i wouldn't have bid on it knowing it was a purple. so i emailed him telling him that i wanted my money back because it was mislisted, and not something that i really wanted due to what i said above. and he says ok, but "ebay safety harbor" said that he was protected since it was mentioned as being purple ("looks a little purple" was what the description said), and he also says that i will have to mail it back (usually on cards this cheap sellers just say to keep it and they will refund, but no biggie). i then get ANOTHER email (4th one at this point) saying that i will only be getting $1.70 back, not $4.70 (he's not refunding me the shipping price i paid). that kinda rubbed me the wrong way because he charged $3 shipping for a tiny mailer w/o DC and it had a $.66 cent stamp on it. i sent this back:
No, i should be issued $4.70, not $1.70. The card didn't even cost you a buck to ship, yet you charged $3, plus i have to spend my own money to send the card back because you mislisted it. Explain to me how that only warrants a $1.70 refund?

[quote:1sa2vexi]as i said before i put in description card was purple in color any real sports collector would know that bowman did not make a purple refractor could be an error card i listed based on bowmans checklist again as ebay says I did describe correctly non the less i will refund 1.70 and actually per safety harbor with ebay I don't have to issue the 1.70 hope you make sure card gets returned good luck so that this doesn't happen have blocked from future bidding enough of the emails
1st, this whole thing is full of ignorance, especially when he says that "any real sports collector" would know that there was no purple
and 2nd, the bolded part makes me think that if i don't use DC to send it back he's going to pull the "i never got the card back, so you're not getting a refund".
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::[/quote:1sa2vexi]

Dude, mail an empty toploader back to that ********* with DC.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
mstng99tim said:
tikitomoka said:

[quote:1en1xt5x]as i said before i put in description card was purple in color any real sports collector would know that bowman did not make a purple refractor could be an error card i listed based on bowmans checklist again as ebay says I did describe correctly non the less i will refund 1.70 and actually per safety harbor with ebay I don't have to issue the 1.70 hope you make sure card gets returned good luck so that this doesn't happen have blocked from future bidding enough of the emails
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Dude, mail an empty toploader back to that ********* with DC.[/quote:1en1xt5x]
not worth the time or money for me. just left a neg and opened a case. ridiculous that someone would treat customers that way ::facepalm::

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
tikitomoka said:

[quote:1gn1kgvl]as i said before i put in description card was purple in color any real sports collector would know that bowman did not make a purple refractor could be an error card i listed based on bowmans checklist again as ebay says I did describe correctly non the less i will refund 1.70 and actually per safety harbor with ebay I don't have to issue the 1.70 hope you make sure card gets returned good luck so that this doesn't happen have blocked from future bidding enough of the emails
::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::[/quote:1gn1kgvl]

What's this turd-stabber's eBay ID so I don't ever buy from him?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
On UD's website, they have entries for August 31 releases of something for University of Oklahoma and Texas football - I tried clicking on it, but nothing came up. Anybody know what these might be? Anyone have an "in" with Upper Deck? Gellman?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts