Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TUF Finale (Picks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
really wished Yager was fighting Uscola but Attonito is pretty good from what i saw. Jardine and Hamill, i hope Jardine knocks him out. I don't like either of them but i lost any respect i had for Hamill after the Jon Jones fight. I still think he was fine and that fight shouldn't have been stopped. Point deduction yes, but Hamill could have continued. Court seems like a pretty tough guy and i'm gonna take him over Kris.

Court McGee
vs
Kris McCray

Matt Hamill
vs
Keith Jardine

Chris Leben
vs
Aaron Simpson

Spencer Fisher
vs
Dennis Siver

Jamie Yager
vs
Rich Attonito

John Gunderson
vs
Mark Holst

Brad Tavares
vs
Seth Baczynski

Kyle Noke
vs
Josh Bryant

James Hammortree
vs
Chris Camozzi

James McSweeney
vs
Travis Browne

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Jastermereel said:
I wish they'd cut Chris Leben already.

it's weird. He's i think he's almost kept around to be used as a stepping stone for up-and-coming fighters. they'll give him a gimme fight every once in awhile so he can beat someone and keep his name reputable with the casual fan, but usually he's pitted against guys like Silva's first fight, Simpson, Rosholt, etc. Back a few years ago, i thought he could end up being a decent fighter beating guys like Cote and Swick but the thought that he actually headlined a PPV against Bisping is mindblowing anymore.

Aug 29, 2008
Yeah, I wish they would have picked someone else for Yager. He had some serious beef with a lot of the guys but I don't remember much with Rich.

I think Leben is just a very useful guy to have around. Its pretty clear he's never going to be elite but he is solid. Also its also very nice to have someone around that will go out and get into slugfests with people. I also think that Dana has a soft spot for pretty much any decent fighter from Season 1 of the Ultimate Fighter. Its pretty shocking that this will be Leben's 15th fight in the UFC.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Was already wrong on the Yager pick.

This ************ needs to work on his cardio BAD!

Court McGee
vs
Kris McCray

Matt Hamill
vs
Keith Jardine

Chris Leben
vs
Aaron Simpson

Spencer Fisher
vs
Dennis Siver

Jamie Yager
vs
Rich Attonito

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
Yeah, I wish they would have picked someone else for Yager. He had some serious beef with a lot of the guys but I don't remember much with Rich.

Uscola is who I wish they would have had him fight, but I honestly think they're hoping the can build that up for a Fight Night or PPV.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Man, Leben just never stops amazing me. you write him off and all of the sudden he pulls off a shocker. I guess as long as you can throw a bomb now and then, you'll always have a shot. I was pretty wasted while watching those fights so i'll have to go back and watch it again but it kind of looked like a weird stoppage on that one. typical Hamill vs Jardine fight. On a side note, i thought Noke could have won TUF but he looked like crap when he lost on the show, apparently he put a beat down on Bryant last night.

Aug 29, 2008
peaceandlove said:
Man, Leben just never stops amazing me. you write him off and all of the sudden he pulls off a shocker. I guess as long as you can throw a bomb now and then, you'll always have a shot. I was pretty wasted while watching those fights so i'll have to go back and watch it again but it kind of looked like a weird stoppage on that one. typical Hamill vs Jardine fight. On a side note, i thought Noke could have won TUF but he looked like crap when he lost on the show, apparently he put a beat down on Bryant last night.

I was impressed with Leben last night. He had really solid take down defense and good cardio. Seems like going down and training in Hawaii has really helped him out. Will probably never be more than a slightly above average MW but he will probably stick around for a bit.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
peaceandlove said:

I was impressed with Leben last night. He had really solid take down defense and good cardio. Seems like going down and training in Hawaii has really helped him out. Will probably never be more than a slightly above average MW but he will probably stick around for a bit.

yeah, i remember when he first started going to Hawaii. Rogan said it had made a huge difference in his life and he had matured a ton. maybe he's really taking his career seriously now. i'll stay on the fence until i see how he fairs in the next fight.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Were these fights on the Tuf Finale? I saw about 5 or 6 fights but I never saw these guys go at it Saturday night..did I miss them or are these fights that were actually on TUF the show & not the live free broadcast Saturday night? (I really like Tavares & think he's got some serious potential...I'm impressed with Yeager to a point, though his head is bigger than it should be as he's definitely not all that...Last but not least, I'm not impressed with Chris "the Savage" as I think he really needs to work on all aspects of his game; IMO all he really has is heart & a good chin). :D

Brad Tavares
vs
Seth Baczynski

Kyle Noke
vs
Josh Bryant

James Hammortree
vs
Chris Camozzi

Aug 29, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Were these fights on the Tuf Finale? I saw about 5 or 6 fights but I never saw these guys go at it Saturday night..did I miss them or are these fights that were actually on TUF the show & not the live free broadcast Saturday night? (I really like Tavares & think he's got some serious potential...I'm impressed with Yeager to a point, though his head is bigger than it should be as he's definitely not all that...Last but not least, I'm not impressed with Chris "the Savage" as I think he really needs to work on all aspects of his game; IMO all he really has is heart & a good chin). :D

Brad Tavares
vs
Seth Baczynski

Kyle Noke
vs
Josh Bryant

James Hammortree
vs
Chris Camozzi

Those were the prelims. Even though it was on Spike and not PPV, they still don't have a big enough time slot to show all the fights.

I am not impressed with Yeager at all. While he's freakishly athletic, it looks like thats pretty much all he has right now. If he doesn't get the quick KO he pretty much just folds up. He did it against Bryant on the show and pretty much gave up against Rick on Saturday. He doesn't seem like he likes to get hit and he doesn't respond to adversity well from the looks of things. I don't know, maybe something will click in his head but I'll take a lesser guy with heart any day of the week over Yeager.

Members online

Latest posts