Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Hot Sheet Prediction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's been a tough week to predict the # 1 prospect, as there were several contenders. Last time I predicted Teheran would be # 1, he wound up at # 9 a couple of weeks ago, after his 14 K performance. Still scratching my head at that one.

This week, I'm going with Dayan Viciedo. He went 9-25 this week, with 3 HR, 7 RBI and only 2 K's. Plus, the news of his callup will likely sway BA as well.

Other names I expect to see, either in the Top 13 or the Team Photo, in no particular order, are:

Julio Teheran (he's gotta rank higher than #9 this week)
Trey McNutt (two amazing starts)
Brett Jackson
Logan Morrison
Jon Singleton
Drew Cumberland
Mycal Jones (on fire this week)
Dom Brown
J.P. Arencibia
Edinson Rincon
Collin Cowgill
Dee Gordon
Andrew Brackman
Travis Wood (I've got my fingers crossed for ya, dxanarchy)
Dellin Betances
Jordan Lyles (top 3 for me)
Brody Colvin
Brandon Belt
Matt Moore (start of a turnaround? hope so)

Man Among Boys - Nick Additon

Helium Watch - Zoilo Almonte, J.C. Ramirez

Not-Hot - Kyle Gibson, Aaron Crow

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
southeastjerome said:
Brandon Belt will be top 5

Team Photo, for me. In the CAL, you basically have to cure cancer to make the Top 13.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Definitely Lyles in the top-3.

Two games this week...0 ER, 13 Ks, 4 BBs, 11 IP.

And he's still 19 in AA ball.

Only one of those starts counts towards this week's Hot Sheet, though. His previous start was on Thursday the 10th. The eligibility period begins each Friday.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Definitely Lyles in the top-3.

Two games this week...0 ER, 13 Ks, 4 BBs, 11 IP.

And he's still 19 in AA ball.

Only one of those starts counts towards this week's Hot Sheet, though. His previous start was on Thursday the 10th. The eligibility period begins each Friday.
That's true, but the start on the 15th should still be strong enough as that was quite a night with 11Ks in 7IP with 4 hits.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Jaypers said:
southeastjerome said:
Brandon Belt will be top 5

Team Photo, for me. In the CAL, you basically have to cure cancer to make the Top 13.

I agree but disagree... he was in the team photo last week and he had an even better week this week. Really tough to ignore his numbers, so I pick a top 10 for Belt.

EDIT: I am weak... I say 11-13th spot :cool:

Members online