Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Ebay change this feedback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
I wanted to get some opinions on this while I wait for ebay to respond to my email. I'll try to make this as short as possible. 1400+ feedback and I received my first neutral today(no negatives). The card was a 2010 finest green refractor and refractor lot of Griffey. The person who left me the neutral did so because of a typo, by me. I accidently put the card was #'ed 33/50 in the DESCRIPTION, instead of /99. The title said /99, the picture shown was the correct card(s) yet because of my typo this "unreasonable" buyer left me a neutral. With all that said, my gripe is that they left the neutral along with "WRONG CARD...nice, but not the one i bid on". They didn't receive the wrong card. The received the card(s) in the title and the card pictured. I also called the card a green refractor TWICE and I'd assume if you are buying these type cards you'd know they are /99. The item is #250637235052 if anyone would like to see it. Lastly the buyer emailed me about 2 weeks after the item ended and said I sent the wrong card. I politely emailed them back saying it wasn't the wrong card but that I did make a mistake in the description. I also told them to let me know what I could do to make it right. You know, refund etc etc. I heard nothing for a few more weeks/maybe a month and bam, neutral. Opinions welcome!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Close up shop and hide out for 6 months. No one will ever trust you again.

But seriously, one neutral with your great feedback will make no difference to anyone. eBay won't do anything since there was technically an error. While I agree with you that you probably didn't deserve a neutral, it's not the end of the world. As a buyer, I'd have no hesitation buying from you with your feedback.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
gracecollector said:
Close up shop and hide out for 6 months. No one will ever trust you again.

But seriously, one neutral with your great feedback will make no difference to anyone. eBay won't do anything since there was technically an error. While I agree with you that you probably didn't deserve a neutral, it's not the end of the world. As a buyer, I'd have no hesitation buying from you with your feedback.

+1 on this. If I was buying from you today, I would not pay the neutral any attention as the number of positives you have far outweighs a simple error. On top of it, you kept your response back to the neutral feedback professional which goes a long way, in my eyes anyway. Some people go crazy about it when they leave replies.

If anything, it's just a lesson learned to double check your listing is all.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Certainly a neutral for a typo seems unreasonable, especially one that was more confusing (title didn't match description) than misleading. Regardless, the buyer should have knocked you in the "item as described" department and not in the overall feedback.

You sold the card (got paid) and now that feedback is left the transaction is over. I wouldn't worry about a neutral with 1400+ positive.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
boxbreaker44 said:
no your at fault.

You don't think that's just a tad unreasonable? I'm curious if you were the buyer if you would have done the same thing. Or, what if you were the seller?

Everyone else..thanks for the replies. I know it's not the end of the world :). It's more of a frustrating situation and I just need to vent about it. Bottom line for me is it seems like unreasonable feedback and it's frustrating. The "worst" thing that's going to happen is it might have some effect on me receiving 20% of my fees. That's a bummer!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Not everyone knows what they are #'d to, so your assumption is an incorrect one. people may be player collectors and simply know that its one they dont have, regardless of what its #'d to.

You gave an incorrect description (negative) but sent the card that the buyer apparently likes (positive) which averages to a neutral. I leave neutral if theres a problem but its something that cant be changed. If I plan to leave a negative, I let the person make it right before choosing to leave the neg or not.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
GarkoCollector said:
Not everyone knows what they are #'d to, so your assumption is an incorrect one. people may be player collectors and simply know that its one they dont have, regardless of what its #'d to.

You gave an incorrect description (negative) but sent the card that the buyer apparently likes (positive) which averages to a neutral. I leave neutral if theres a problem but its something that cant be changed. If I plan to leave a negative, I let the person make it right before choosing to leave the neg or not.

You're right. I shouldn't assume everyone knows that. With that being said, I must just be to nice as a buyer. It would have taken me all of 1 second to leave positive feedback for this transaction if I was the buyer.

EDITED: I don't want to start an argument with anyone :D. I guess I'm just frustrated because they received the item in the title, the item shown in the picture and a typo in the description got me a neutral. In my opinion, there's a place to ding me on that and it's in the item as described. She left me a 1 on that by the way. I guess I'm fine with that, but it seems like I got dinged twice for my mistake. That sucks!

Members online

Latest posts