Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

as a buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
You win an auction last thursday for a lot of topps million codes

you ask the seller that night if they can waive shipping and just email the codes and not mail out the cards (said buyer has 700+ fb)

seller takes a day to respond and says they'd prefer doing it the way they had in their auction.
buyer pays the price with shipping and says you can send the cards but do you mind at least emailing the codes first before sending?

no response from seller last friday
you get an ebay "update" message on tuesday saying it has shipped (not one of those PP emails)
it's now friday in illinois, no package yet. seller is in MN

when the package arrives, what kind of dsr do you leave for
communication
shipping time

??

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
J.O. said:
You win an auction last thursday for a lot of topps million codes

you ask the seller that night if they can waive shipping and just email the codes and not mail out the cards (said buyer has 700+ fb)

seller takes a day to respond and says they'd prefer doing it the way they had in their auction.
buyer pays the price with shipping and says you can send the cards but do you mind at least emailing the codes first before sending?

no response from seller last friday
you get an ebay "update" message on tuesday saying it has shipped (not one of those PP emails)
it's now friday in illinois, no package yet. seller is in MN

when the package arrives, what kind of dsr do you leave for
communication
shipping time

??

He communicated well. Just not to your liking.

I did the same thing, bought 10 codes and asked the seller to just email them and keep the shipping for his effort. I got the codes within an hour of paying. Of course, 2 were wrong and he had to retype them to me, but he was quite good in responding too.

Gotta sweeten the pot to make the deal. People make $ off shipping... and time is not cheap, and those codes are tough to type in.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
If I was the buyer I wouldn't ding him on anything unless the cards did not arrive within the specified timeframe. If I was the buyer, I would ask the seller before the auction ended if they would be willing to do that should I win, not expect something different from what's in the auction after the fact.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
im not mad he said no. im upset with communication in that he never responded when i already paid shipping and asked him to email the codes anyway if he could. a simple no again would have been communication. no response is bad communication

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
J.O. said:
im not mad he said no. im upset with communication in that he never responded when i already paid shipping and asked him to email the codes anyway if he could. a simple no again would have been communication. no response is bad communication

What more do you want? You asked him the first time and he said no. Reasking the same question is bad communication and a whining bidder.

He won't send the codes instead of shipping the cards, what makes you think he'll send the codes before shipping the actual cards?

Christ, there are much bigger issues on ebay, than a seller reiterating an answer he already gave you. It's not just bad sellers that make ebay a bad place, it's whining bidders.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I imagine the reason that he did not want to type the codes and not charge for shipping was because he did want to take the time to type in the codes (which was possibly why he did not offer that option initially.) I imagine it was with this thought process that he said "no" the first time.

If we assume this, your second request seems to be one that would warrant being ignored.

(Of course you may have assumed he was trying to make a couple of bucks on the shipping and that was why he said he'd have to ship them, therefore your request would not seem unreasonable to you.)

Members online