Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should I do in this ebay situation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Sold this card last week:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260615702020&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Then got this email today:

I got the card today and I have to tell you I am not happy! PSA is a joke and you should have described the card with all it's blemishes. I would like to know what you can do about this. I'm sure you are very busy and from time to time this can happen but I can't use the card in this condition. One look and you know this card is sub par. Please lmk something.

Obviously, since the card is graded, I didn't feel the need to point out the condition of the card. PSA is one of if not the most respected grading company out there so should I feel compelled to offer a refund to this guy should he demand one?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Ughh.

In this case, you might as well do a refund when you get the card back. Obviously from the scan whatever "blemishes" there may be on this PSA 9 are not visible. It's just not worth the hassle. Plus, it's Griffey and his stuff always sells well, so it isn't like it's a case of buyer's remorse where the card is selling for a lot less now.

The buyer is a perfectionist...and you can't compete with that.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
This is getting absolutely out of control. You listed a PSA9 and the buyer received a PSA9. If the buyer has a problem with PSA, he should take it up with them.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Ughh.

In this case, you might as well do a refund when you get the card back. Obviously from the scan whatever "blemishes" there may be on this PSA 9 are not visible. It's just not worth the hassle. Plus, it's Griffey and his stuff always sells well, so it isn't like it's a case of buyer's remorse where the card is selling for a lot less now.

Agree, complaining about the condition of a graded card is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but there's not much you can do about it. I'd refund and relist.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
docdw25 said:
What in the world does he see wrong with the card?

I honestly don't know. I thought it had a good shot at a PSA 10 when I sent it in.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Ughh.

Agree, complaining about the condition of a graded card is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but there's not much you can do about it. I'd refund and relist.

And block, too.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
This is getting absolutely out of control. You listed a PSA9 and the buyer received a PSA9. If the buyer has a problem with PSA, he should take it up with them.

On a related subject, I think it is the grading companies that are getting out of control... Not to completely hijack the thread but I bought a PSA10 1991 Ultra Mussina RC just to have one for my PC. The entire back of the card is chipped up, not just one "overlooked" spot, the entire top and bottom of the card. I didn't say anything to the seller in my case, it is the grading company's problem, especially on a 10 grade.

The seller I bought from obviously grades a lot of cards from their listings. More proof, IMO, that the more you submit the better grades you will get.

In the past I stayed away from graded cards just because of this and other reasons. I had just started to come around and do more with graded cards for older cards of Orioles, but this completed soured me on them. What is the point of paying premium when you really are not getting it?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
tell him you'll give him a full refund once you receive the card, and see if he tries to ask for a partial refund and wants to keep the card. then you will know if hes a scam artist.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Not much to add, other than it's probably not worth the hassle.

Have him send it back (make sure he sends with DC) and then offer a full refund, then relist it. DO NOT do a partial refund.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
In the future, you may want to put NO REFUNDS ON GRADED CARDS in your listings...you may also want to change your listings to say 'no refunds' (they currently have 'refunds available')

In this case, I’d ask him to clarify what the ‘blesmishes’ are (is the case possibly cracked? Is there dust/something in the slab? Is the coat peeling? etc.) + see if you can resolve it another way (maybe pay him the reslabbing fee). Or you can just have him send it back (your listing says you take returns), refund, block him, + relist it.

You may also want to find a polite way to say something like ‘psa is one of the top grading cos. + the standards for a psa 9 are ….’, but since this guy seems clearly unhappy, I’m not sure that explanation would make a difference

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, you put in your auction a 7 day money back guarantee as long as the buyer pays shipping so regardless of why he's not happy, you should abide by your own rules.

*The guy above submitted as I was typing apparently.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts