Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Bowman Red Auto 1/1 Re-Listed as an Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[ebay:1s0upn33]200485213281[/ebay:1s0upn33]

Let the guessing games begin. :mrgreen:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Kind of scary he is letting it run for another 2 games that Strasburg will pitch. Hopefully he pitches well in those two games for the sellers sake.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting tweet from Callis.

Mark Prior's first 3 ML starts -- 15.2 IP, 14 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 7 BB, 22 K.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Media hype on this would confuse the hell out of people who already know nothing about the hobby. These people already think there is only Stras 1/1 and surely some would think the appearance of another different one to be some kind of scam.

JoshHamilton said:
With media hype: more. Probably $18.5k
without media hype: less. $13.2k

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Media hype on this would confuse the hell out of people who already know nothing about the hobby. These people already think there is only Stras 1/1 and surely some would think the appearance of another different one to be some kind of scam.

JoshHamilton said:

Why in the hell do you always portray every non-collector as a clueless idiot?

Reality check: this is the 21st century. Information is available EVERYWHERE. If someone is unfamiliar with the hobby, it takes .2 seconds to google "sports card message board" and get links to numerous communities who can answer anyone's questions. Do you really think someone with no hobby knowledge is going to drop $15k plus on a baseball card without doing any research? Are you really that dumb?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
You didn't even take the time to read what I said - note my use of the word 'some' - and if *you*, a hobby tough guy who obviously knows all, couldn't even read and analyze what I said here, what makes you think someone not associated with the hobby is going to take the time to go through all the trouble you said they would??

There is the distinct possibility that media attention right now before auction's end could be unfavorable, unfavorable enough to actually discourage sales here. Multiple 1/1s of the same guy simply aren't going to make a lot of sense to a lot of people.

JoshHamilton said:

JoshHamilton said:

Why in the hell do you always portray every non-collector as a clueless idiot?

Reality check: this is the 21st century. Information is available EVERYWHERE. If someone is unfamiliar with the hobby, it takes .2 seconds to google "sports card message board" and get links to numerous communities who can answer anyone's questions. Do you really think someone with no hobby knowledge is going to drop $15k plus on a baseball card without doing any research? Are you really that dumb?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Multiple 1/1s of the same guy simply aren't going to make a lot of sense to a lot of people.

Hmm, let's see. One is really shiny. The other isn't. One is autographed. The other isn't.

I dunno about you, but I am now thoroughly confused. :?:

(EDIT: Wait till the card in my sig goes live. Then the general public will really be scratching their heads.) :cool:

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Jaypers said:
Multiple 1/1s of the same guy simply aren't going to make a lot of sense to a lot of people.

Hmm, let's see. One is really shiny. The other isn't. One is autographed. The other isn't.

I dunno about you, but I am now thoroughly confused. :?:

The card in your signature will cause confusion though. Same name on the product and released within the same year. Same shiny surface also. The auto makes th difference, but some people will have issues with it. Don't think the red auto won't confuse people.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
What do you guys think the prices on these two huge strasburg cards would have been if they were both listed at the same time???

super 1/1 and the red 1/1 auto

i personally think they would have gone for around 10k each if they were listed at the same time.

Members online

Latest posts