Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College World Series Opening Day Successes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
Went to the CWS all day today. All the teams seemed happy to sign for anyone all day long. Here is what I was able to get

Florida State U. team autographed poster

That was the only team that I wanted to get as they had a couple active/alumni members of my Fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha on the team.

The best success were these though:

Nomar Garciaparra 8x10 in Red sharpie (turned out great and was able to get it personalized)

Jeff Nelson SS OMLB with this inscription: 96, 98, 99, 2000 W.S. Champs plus his #43 when he played for the Yankees

Nomar was there for the Legends Team and did an autograph signing in the FanFest Area (Barry Bonds made an appearance as well, but never saw him sign)

Nelson was doing interviews for MLB.TV and nobody seemed to recognize him, lol. Kids were yelling and screaming at random players for their autos while Nelson just sat in the dugout just watching practice. He was very willing to sign and was awesome to talk too!!!! Great guy!

-Aaron

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Nice! You went to South Florida?

I go to the U. of Nebraska-Omaha. We have a chapter and FSU has a PiKA chapter as well. Just wanted to go and show some support for some brothers

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
How is it in a Fraternity?

I love going to college games. The players are so excited to sign. I was probably the oldest guy getting their autographs but I enjoyed it because they were so friendly. 1 even thanked me after he handed my ball back to me

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
How is it in a Fraternity?

I love going to college games. The players are so excited to sign. I was probably the oldest guy getting their autographs but I enjoyed it because they were so friendly. 1 even thanked me after he handed my ball back to me

Being in a fraternity is the best decision I ever made. I think I am learning more there than I am in class, lol

Members online

Latest posts