Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy early Father's Day to me-HOF auto #205

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Ban Johnson (d.1931, HOF 1937) founded and acted as President for the American League. He was responsible for growing the game immensely in the first part of the 20th century (until a dispute with the first MLB Commissioner pushed him out).

Here is a New York Yankees contract from 1925 for a player named Thomas Mullen (who played one season with the minor league Hartford Senators). It is signed on the front by Johnson and on the inside by Mullen, Jacob Ruppert, and a witness. Pretty cool little piece of baseball history and HOF autograph #205 for my collection.

Cover of contract
JohnsonB.jpg

Inside
Ruppert.png

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I am just asking so please dont be offended, but the Johnson has all the looks of a rubber stamp...is this possible?? I would assume a league president would have a rubber stamp for secretaries use as they would normally be too busy for every contract that came into the office.

Again, not being a hater and its a great piece but it looks like its a rubber stamp to me.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the nice words everyone!

mchenrycards said:
I am just asking so please dont be offended, but the Johnson has all the looks of a rubber stamp...is this possible?? I would assume a league president would have a rubber stamp for secretaries use as they would normally be too busy for every contract that came into the office.

Again, not being a hater and its a great piece but it looks like its a rubber stamp to me.

I'm not offended at all. I had that concern when viewing the auto online, but old signatures often appear that way. Upon closer viewing, it is pretty obvious that it was signed in fountain pen, as there are uneven tracks in the ink, especially at the end.

It did also come with a full JSA LOA.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Nice item! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one buying themselves a F.D. present, I have 3 boxes of Razor en route..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts