Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For those who questioned Jered Weaver AS status...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
pitched an absolute gem today, 7ip 2h 0r 11k. for the year he is now 7-3 3.04era 94.2ip 82h 23bb 107k(mlb leader) 1.11whip

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
best pick in my fantasy draft for me by far this year i got him with the last pick in the 12th round. Hes been awesome this year I hope his cards finally get some love

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
vetsgt02 said:
He is the only pitcher in MLB history to pitch a NO hitter for a loss.
no there was another. bob costas talked about it on mlb network.

A White Sox pitcher did it a few years ago... thinking either Wilson Alvarez or Alex Fernandez... loss 1-0 in Old Comiskey... error allowed the run to score.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-hitter#No-hitters_in_a_losing_effort said:
Wikipedia[/url]]No-hitters in a losing effort

Unlike a perfect game, in which no batters reach base, in regular no-hitters batters can reach base in other ways, such as a walk, an error, or a hit batsman, thus it is possible for the team pitching the no-hitter to lose. On April 23, 1964, Ken Johnson of the Houston Colt .45s became the only pitcher to lose a complete game no-hitter in nine innings when he was beaten 1-0 by Cincinnati. The winning run was scored by Pete Rose in the top of the ninth inning via an error, groundout, and another error.[10] In 1967, Steve Barber and Stu Miller of the Baltimore Orioles pitched a combined no-hitter, but lost 2-1 to the Detroit Tigers.[11] Also see "Shortened no-hitters" for no-hitters thrown by the visiting team while losing.

Shortened no-hitters

A game that cannot continue due to weather or darkness may be considered a completed official game, as long as at least five innings have been completed. Until 1991, any such game in which a pitcher held the opposing team without hits was considered an official no-hitter; however under the current rule, a no-hitter must last for at least nine innings to count. As the rule was applied retroactively, thirty-six games in which a no-hitter was interrupted by weather or darkness, with lengths ranging from 5 to 8 innings, are no longer considered no-hitters.

In games where the home team leads after the top of the ninth, the visiting pitcher will only pitch 8 innings, and so can complete a full game without allowing a hit but not be credited with an official no-hitter. This has happened four times in MLB history: Silver King (1890), Andy Hawkins (1990), and Matt Young (1992) pitched complete games without allowing a hit, but pitched only 8 innings as the losing pitcher from the visiting team, and thus are not credited with a no-hitter.[12][13] On June 28, 2008, Jered Weaver and José Arredondo of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim threw 8 no-hit innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium, but lost the game 1-0 and are not credited with a no-hitter. This is the first near no-hitter of this kind in which more than one pitcher was involved.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
His cards are ridiculously cheap. He's developed into an ace. He leads the league in K's, has a K/BB ratio of close to 5:1 and has won almost 2/3 of his games to this point in his career. Yet his Bowman Chrome Auto recently sold (BGS 8.5) for $11 plus shipping, despite it being a short print. I'm sitting on half a dozen Chrome Auto's now, but the plan is to stock up as there's no way he can go unnoticed forever.

Members online