Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just Pooned my Japanese White Whale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I had a copy of this card that i recieved almost free in late 01. Then i sold it for about 900 in 02 thinking i wouldn't regret it. Well since 04 i have been and wanted one for a while. Bad. This is .5 of one subgrade from BGS 9. Its a 8.5 with subs of 9.5 cent, 9 surface, 8.5 edges, and 8.5 corners. They sell for about $4,600 in a 9.

BujGqwBWkKGrHqUOKkEEvPH3fsPzBMBs-1.png

I am very happy with it.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Very nice card! but whats up with that 0 50 numbering?

Nice pickup! I think he purposefully blurred out the numbering.

I hope "pooned" is short for harpooned, it can mean a lot of other things as well.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
nevermore said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

I hope "pooned" is short for harpooned, it can mean a lot of other things as well.

yes, when I saw "Japanese" and "****" in the title I saw expecting more :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I immediately thought of that great movie: In Diana Jones: Temple of ****

donrusscrusademan said:
nevermore said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:

yes, when I saw "Japanese" and "****" in the title I saw expecting more :D

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, i love the auto, it graded 9 and is pretty dark and not bubbled up like alot of them.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I could be way off but i think he meant almost 3d comming off the card that way not like how Carlos Santana signed most of his Chrome autos.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
+ he in on pace to hit 225, hit 225 last year and should hit 3000 by the time he is still 40. If he can keep up the pace but he is in great shape and i dont see the next few years as being a problem for him. He should have about 2250 hits at the end of this year and a record 200+ hits for 10 years straight.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
DonrussCrusadeMan - He is blowing away last years SB total. He is 6th righ now but he gets on base alot so you never know.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Krom said:
DonrussCrusadeMan - He is blowing away last years SB total. He is 6th righ now but he gets on base alot so you never know.

yeah last year was disappointing steal-wise. fewest games due to injury in April and never really got into a rythem.

I dont think hes ever attempted as many 3rd base steals as he is this year, it really shows how good he is feeling it.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I agree he was 7 for 10 three games in a row this year and he is batting higher than his career avg.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sick card. The Ultimate's from 2001 are some of the sweetest looking cards around, especially the signed ones. (I just picked up the Teixeira.) Mind sharing what you paid?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
You are right about these looking killer. Back when Prior (sorry to mention him now in Strasburgmania) wasnt a bust all three signed cards were ones to have and they are sexy. The gold foil being mostly on the left edge with the purpleish blue is a sweet combo. I could have paid a little less than i did, but i had been talking to the seller since the winter then blew my Ichifunds on a trip to Cancun in march. I paid just over 1900 for a high end 8.5 with a 9 auto, :) If anyone knows or could find out how many 8.5s there are i would appriciate it much. Thanks for your post Topnotchsy.

Members online

Latest posts