Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 starquest home run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
hello! i have been reading an old post on the 1999 topps MVP promotion set. yes they are rare and i think that card #454 was not even printed! put here is an even more tough set! the 1998 collectors choice series 2 starquest 4 star home run serial numbered to 100. this was not a send in set but a random insert into packs! i opened 25 cases of this product 10 hobby 15 retail i got one in the hobby "Greg Maddux" and one in the retail "Scott Rolen" thats 500 boxes!!! and got 2 of these cards.i know this was not as mass produced as a lot of people think.the boxes dryed up a year later. you could not find boxes and not even now! sooooo where are all these cards???? 30 cards in the set and 100 each thats 3000 cards total. i have been on ebay for ten years and have seen a total of 10!!! that is it. i have been looking for the Juan Gonzalez in this card since they were released. and nothing! also i just pulled 2 crash the game instant win cards they are just as rare,everyone sent them in .any help on this would be great. thanks,Rob.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
If you pulled a griffey instant win, please let me know.

you collect juan gonzalez?

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I've got a Ben Grieve and a Gary Sheffield. If you want, I can dig them out and scan them.

I've also got 11 of the 30 Starquest Golds from the 1999 UD Choice set. They were also serial numbered out of 100 and are tough to find on ebay. I believe Burbank is selling the Nomar and Gwynn on ebay now.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Be8el0ve said:
Here is two of the 3,000. #14 and #81 of 100.

Jeter98UDstarquestHomeRun14-100.jpg
JeterCC98HomeRunBGS9.jpg
very nice lets see how many more come out of the wood work not many. lucky you. i know you won one off ebay less than a year ago i saw it.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
heavy_hitter said:
I've got a Ben Grieve and a Gary Sheffield. If you want, I can dig them out and scan them.

I've also got 11 of the 30 Starquest Golds from the 1999 UD Choice set. They were also serial numbered out of 100 and are tough to find on ebay. I believe Burbank is selling the Nomar and Gwynn on ebay now.
i need the Juan Gonzalez i will pay good 3x book

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
BunchOBull said:
If you pulled a Thomas instant win, please let me know.

Sounds like a fun rip.
it was great! got all the insert sets completed less the home runs and the instant wins i pulled the Vlad and a Castio sold on ebay over a year ago sorry. good luck on your Frank search!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
heavy_hitter said:

the 99's are also tough i got the Juan years ago

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I went through my older stuff and found these:

98starquest.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have never seen the Bags but I have seen a UD Choice Starquest Gold. I still kick myself for not dropping the $49.99 I saw it for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts