Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whos your American League All Star Starter right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I think Clay Buchholz really put himself at the top of the list tonight. 91.0 IP, 10-4, 2.47 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 62 K's. Tied for 1st in wins, 3rd in ERA and hes pitching in far and away best division in baseball. So theres a little less than a month before the All Star game, whos your starter right now?

wmb1289

Aug 7, 2008
New York
In the end it will probably come down to three pitchers
Buchholz, Hughes and Price

They all have 10 wins
Price has the lowest ERA, Hughes has the most Ks

My vote is for Hughes but in all honestly I feel like Price has been the most dominant so far

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
wmb1289 said:
In the end it will probably come down to three pitchers
Buchholz, Hughes and Price

They all have 10 wins
Price has the lowest ERA, Hughes has the most Ks

My vote is for Hughes but in all honestly I feel like Price has been the most dominant so far
Agreed. I feel price should be the one.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I was looking at each of the 3 pitchers mentioned so far and first saw Buchholz got hammered against the Yankees, but also that Hughes was hammered by the Red Sox. Price hasnt faced the Sox so far and hasnt pitched against the Yankees since his first start of the season back in April which he went 7.3 innings, gave up 7 hits and 3 runs,not bad. Hughes hasnt pitched against Tampa Bay. Buchholz lhas pitched against Tampa Bay 2 times this year, one going 5.0 innings, giving up 3 hits and 0 ER, striking out 7. In his last start against Tampa he went 6.0 innings, allowed 6 hits, 1 run, and 8 K's.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Andrew Eugene Pettitte.

Compare his stats to Buchholz. Same ERA, same K, lower whip. Two less wins, two less losses, last chance for Pettitte (probably) and Girardi has the choice of Who starts.

Hughes is scheduled to pitch two nights before the game. No way he starts.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
vwnut13 said:
Andrew Eugene Pettitte.

Compare his stats to Buchholz. Same ERA, same K, lower whip. Two less wins, two less losses, last chance for Pettitte (probably) and Girardi has the choice of Who starts.

Hughes is scheduled to pitch two nights before the game. No way he starts.

I agree. It'll be kinda like a going away present from Girardi to thank Pettitte for his career of work.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If the rotations hold and they pitch every 5th game

Price will pitch July 7th and will be on full rest

Hughes will pitch July 11th and will not be eligible to pitch in the ASG

Pettitte will pitch July 9th and will only be on 3 days rest

Buchholz will pitch July 9th and will also be on 3 days rest

From this group looks like David Price will be the ASG Starter for the AL.

Jimenez will also pitch on July 9th and be on 3 days rest.

Strasburg will pitch on July 10th and wont be eligible to pitch in the ASG

Members online

Latest posts