Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tigers call up Jay Sborz - Daeyel's dream has come true.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I bought a '03 BCD Xfractor Auto for $2 last October. May have to try to flip it now :p

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I thought Daeyel was buying up 03 BDP Autos. I don't remember him buying 03 PP Autos. I think he was trying to figure out the quantity of auto cards by using the authentication sticker numbers on the back of the card.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I thought Daeyel was buying up 03 BDP Autos. I don't remember him buying 03 PP Autos. I think he was trying to figure out the quantity of auto cards by using the authentication sticker numbers on the back of the card.

That's what I remember also. Wasn't he sick? I haven't seen him around for years.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I think you're right.
Being an Andre Ethier collector, I always have '03 UDPP on the brain, and not '03 BDP, since Ethier wasn't in Bowman that year for some odd reason.
But anyway, Daeyel was a great member and I hope he's doing well.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
And in other breaking news, the Montreal Expos have called up Ron Callaway.

Good for Jay Sborz for sticking it out and making the show, as he must be about 28 by now, hopefully Daeyel is smiling somewhere.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
ditto.

I've actaully been noticing his name in the Baseball America prospect hot sheets. He's been doing well. Between him and Schlereth, Detroit has some gas they can throw at teams if they bring both these guys up.

Unfortunately 8th inning setup duty won't make those 03 bdp autos move like hotcakes, but maybe if he could sneak the closer's job away and they make a big playoff run, ala Frankie Rodriguez?

Good luck Daeyel wherever you are.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Isn't he the guy who worked at Walmart who constantly complained about working at Walmart?

Collected Pawelek, too?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Daeyel's last name is Conklin, and he lived in Utah in 2005. I don't think he is a member here.

He also opened a bunch of the 2004 AFLAC Redemption sets and found the first "PROMO" cards, a complete set in a box (if I recall correctly). I bought the Maybin PROMO card for $100 back in the day. TBP owns it now.

David

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
leatherman said:
Daeyel's last name is Conklin, and he lived in Utah in 2005. I don't think he is a member here.

He also opened a bunch of the 2004 AFLAC Redemption sets and found the first "PROMO" cards, a complete set in a box (if I recall correctly). I bought the Maybin PROMO card for $100 back in the day. TBP owns it now.

David

yup, 1st name Derek. Wonder if he knows about this place.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Hits Barajas close to the head...more like the shoulder but still...wow!

Then hits Francouer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez!

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
leatherman said:

David
I bought the McCutchen from him. MUCH cheaper than the Maybin.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Two hit batters, three hits allowed, five earned runs, 1 strikeout, 2/3 innings pitched. Stunning debut.

I read one of the Detroit newspapers today before his debut. It stated that Sborz wouldn't be up for very long.

Members online

Latest posts