Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much $$ do you have in cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Recently been thinking about what my collection is worth and it got me curious. If you were selling today, what would your collection be worth?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
on what I currently have in inventory I paid 10,000 give or take I have the exact number just didn't feel like opening it :D But I also have my business opening in September so I have been stocking up

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I guess it's 2 questions isn't it. How much do you have invested and how much is it worth. I don't know the answer to either question, but it's not chump change, that's for sure.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Topnotchsy said:
Recently been thinking about what my collection is worth and it got me curious. If you were selling today, what would your collection be worth?

For those of us who buy cards with the intention of selling, there's a difference between how much $$ we have in cards and how much our collections are worth.

While it's really no one else's business, I happen to like talking numbers and seeing other people's numbers so I don't mind sharing :lol:

In cards bought as investment, I currently have $1,559.43 invested, with an estimated current sell value of $4,230.09. The estimate is on the low end, so that is likely a little bit higher. Also, this doesn't take into account anyone getting hot or seeing price increases, as many of them at some point probably will. My estimated future sell value on what I currently have is $7,250. This is the toughest number to predict and while my estimates are all realistic, there is no guarantee that the cards will ever get to those points.

That said, I also have been working on (read: spending money on) improving a Rick Porcello collection which I do not intend to sell, so that part will likely constitute a permanent loss.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i have no money invested into my pc i bought a large collection at one point and was able to make a pretty good profit off of it. so I was able to keep some good cards and put the money i made into my pc. I would say i have around 100-150 pc baseball rookie cards with a bv between 10-15k

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
About $40 :lol:

After selling everything in the past year or so, I made $40 worth of purchases last night to start off a new player collection. I'm excited.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Over 15k into it, hopefully could get more out of it but who knows....good thing my wife doesnt read the boards!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I try to keep everything pretty organized. I made a spreadsheet that totals up everything, which gets kind of scary when you look at the totals. I've spent almost 1500 on the autos that I don't collect (my FT autos,) which is kind of silly. Altogether, with what I've spent on Topps Heritage and PC cards, I could pay cash for a fairly nice new car, or put a down payment on a house.

As little trading as I've been doing lately, this really has me thinking that I should just sell everything that isn't strapped down in the PC.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
More than I want to know..

I know I have invested years in my collection.. At first, buying everything I could find..(wrong stuff-dumb investing)

Now I try and focus on items that might hold their value.. ie, the APOH 500 HR set.. Ultimate Patches, etc..

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Not nearly as much as I used to. Got out of cards completely about 5 years ago. Just got back in about a year and a half ago.

Just made a couple of relatively big purchases (for me anyway) totaling about $1000 that really filled out my PC. On top of that, probably about $2000 more over a year and a half.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't want to think about it. I've dumped a ton into Josh Johnson and Dennis Northcutt. Zych / Vanegas have been $150 or less for each.

But into cards overall, I don't ever wanna think how much I've spent, especially since I don't sell a lot :oops:

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I dont keep track of what I paid nor what my Josh Beckett PC (which has grown exponentially in the last year) is worth, but if I had to guess what my entire collection is worth including the Beckett PC, I would say in the $70,000-$75,000 range.

Members online

Latest posts