Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice on my Blue ref set of 2010 bowman USA

When making a set does it hurt to have one or more cards graded?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I have a chance to add a couple cards to my blue ref USA set but they are graded BGS 9.5 and most of my set will not be graded. Will this hurt the over all set or does it not really matter? I would not mind doing the whole set BGS 9.5 but that seems like it would cost more money I do not have.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I say get all of them in 9.5's or just leave them all raw. I wouldn't want to mix it personally.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
I was in the same predicament with my 2007 bcdp gold refractor set. I was only going for raw cards but some of the cards I was finding it hard to find raw and the only ones around were either mint or gem mint. I then found a John Tolisano gold ref bgs 9.5 going for a live auction on ebay and got lucky and won it for $10. After that I was like ok either raw cards or gem mint. I wasn't going to take anything less than gem for the set though. If I graded all of the cards, yes some would be mint. I don't think it would hurt the value of the set though. If your worried about that then just make sure you have the best cards in the set as gem mint.

Members online