Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lets Group Purchase the SUPER and RED 1/1 Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Lets purchase these cards as a group. We could have shares in these monumental cards. Plus FCB would get a lot more press. If we get 100 members (more members less ownership) to each throw in 200 and 350 respectively we could own these cards as a group and then resell as a group at a later date to WOSSA.

Bad idea?

RandomH

securedsports said:
Lets purchase these cards as a group. We could have shares in these monumental cards. Plus FCB would get a lot more press. If we get 100 members (more members less ownership) to each throw in 200 and 350 respectively we could own these cards as a group and then resell as a group at a later date to WOSSA.

Bad idea?
So you don't think a peak has been reached?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
cardtarget did this a while back. I think it failed because of the overhead costs for insurance, but members bought and sold shares on big time cards.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Oh right, why would I think anybody would like anything anybody says on here. I am not talking now, it was a general example. It has reached its peak now, but buy them later once it dies down.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
All I can think of is the Simpsons episode where Bart, Milhouse, and Martin buy the Radioactive man Issue 1 and fight over it.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
securedsports said:

Bad idea?

Good idea if you like to buy high and sell low. As for Wossa (que beefycheddar), he is a FCB member so I think that foils your resale plan.

Moving a card (at a profit) of this magnitude is going to be very difficult down the road for whoever wins the auction.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Me too. I'd be down for it, as long as we keep them at my house.

But partnerships like this are very common, especially with comics, where there are more examples in the 5-6 figure range.

Actually, I was just watching a Law & Order last week where one partnership in comic book buying killed the other. Maybe this isn't a good idea.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
That was a shoutout for Wossa, I know he is on FCB. What about Olberman, I am surprised he is not all over this, but maybe he is waiting for the 1/1 A&G.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
muchuckwagon said:
securedsports said:

Bad idea?

Good idea if you like to buy high and sell low. As for Wossa (que beefycheddar), he is a FCB member so I think that foils your resale plan.

Moving a card (at a profit) of this magnitude is going to be very difficult down the road for whoever wins the auction.

Not to mention, if you have a conglomorate buying and selling cards, that takes away 100+ (or however many partners there are) potential buyers thus driving prices down lower due to lower demand. Plus I'd hate to own a $10,000 card and never be able to put my hands on it...what's the fun in that?

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
sigma_chi said:
muchuckwagon said:
securedsports said:

Bad idea?

Not to mention, if you have a conglomorate buying and selling cards, that takes away 100+ (or however many partners there are) potential buyers thus driving prices down lower due to lower demand. Plus I'd hate to own a $10,000 card and never be able to put my hands on it...what's the fun in that?

I know was just thinking out of the box here, but maybe I should get back in the box (if shes willing) :lol: We could have a big party with them in Vegas.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
securedsports said:
sigma_chi said:
muchuckwagon said:
securedsports said:

Bad idea?

I know was just thinking out of the box here, but maybe I should get back in the box (if shes willing) :lol: We could have a big party with them in Vegas.

I misinterpreted your original post. I didn't realize until I re-read it that you were talking about the Strasburg cards. I thought you were talking about forming a partnership just buying random supers and reds. :lol: I think in order for a partnership to work, you typically have to trust your partners, and even then it's tough to succeed. No offense, i'm sure alot of you are stand-up guys but I wouldn't trust you with that kind of money without knowing you. Then again I'm a pretty big tightwad too so squeezing a few hundred bucks out of me isn't easy.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
securedsports said:

Bad idea?

If you felt this strong about me answering questions on Wossa, why didn't you have the nerve to say a thing at National when you met me and acted nice to me? I have not posted about Wossa in a bit, and since it is Cape League season have barely posted period. Just curious of your fascination considering you said nothing when you were face to face with me.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I cannot think of anything good that would come from something like this. MU & I are like brothers and I don't think him and I could co-own a card together, let alone 100+ internet friends co-owning.

Members online

Latest posts