Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies vs. Red Sox Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WolverineFootball

Apr 20, 2010
I'm sure someone is going to answer with something obvious and tell me "duh", but why do you think it is that the American League has won the last 6 years of Interleauge play (in overall records)? They lead the overall series, through 2009, by about 140 games. The main reason I'm asking, is because it doesn't seem as the National League is any "shorter" on talent, especially in pitching, and it would seem easier for a National League team to send an extra player out to hit, versus an American League team sending a pitcher that hasn't batted since college, out to hit. PM me if this is something obvious so I don't look stupid :lol:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Re: Interleague Play

I think if you look up the records for this year, you will discover times are a changing.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC

Actually, I do think it has to do with the NL being short on pitching. The NL has very good top of the rotation starters, however it's the rest of the staff that's behind many AL teams. So even if the NL gets wins in all the games the ace pitches in it's just one win.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

schmidtfan20 said:
I think if you look up the records for this year, you will discover times are a changing.

Really? Do you just spew nonsense for the sake of doing so? Coming into tonight, the AL is 92-79 against the NL. That is a .538 winning percentage. Truly the biggest troll I have ever seen on a public message board...

WolverineFootball

Apr 20, 2010

Where are the 2010 stats? Just doing a quick look, I saw 7 AL teams with winning records vs. 5 NL teams, and 6 AL team with losing records vs. 9 NL teams with losing records. The Braves and Mets were the only teams that seemed to do exceptionally well vs the AL.

WolverineFootball

Apr 20, 2010

nborton said:
Actually, I do think it has to do with the NL being short on pitching. The NL has very good top of the rotation starters, however it's the rest of the staff that's behind many AL teams. So even if the NL gets wins in all the games the ace pitches in it's just one win.

That actually makes the most sense of anything that I thought of. Watching the Brewers vs Twins right now and witnessing the depth of NL pitching, lol.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Really? Do you just spew nonsense for the sake of doing so? Coming into tonight, the AL is 92-79 against the NL. That is a .538 winning percentage. Truly the biggest troll I have ever seen on a public message board...

Man you are a bitter red sox fan, did you cry seeing Manny, remembering the good ole days?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

schmidtfan20 said:
Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Man you are a bitter red sox fan, did you cry seeing Manny, remembering the good ole days?

Nope..I did enjoy beating the snot out of his AAAA team just like we have done to the Phillies this year...10-2 vs the joke league suits me just fine.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":7mieix9q]
schmidtfan20 said:

Nope..I did enjoy beating the snot out of his AAAA team just we have done to the Phillies this year...10-2 vs the joke league suits me just fine.[/quote:7mieix9q]

regular season doesn't matter if you can't get by the Rays and Angels!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

schmidtfan20 said:
Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":jzi1y4if]
schmidtfan20 said:

Nope..I did enjoy beating the snot out of his AAAA team just we have done to the Phillies this year...10-2 vs the joke league suits me just fine.

regular season doesn't matter if you can't get by the Rays and Angels![/quote:jzi1y4if]

Ahh yes...The Rays and Angels. Too bad that since 2000 the Red Sox are 3-1 in the playoffs against the Angels with 2 sweeps and a series in which we lost 1 game. If the playoffs started today neither the Rays nor the Angels would even be in the playoffs. You are a clown.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":30tfj27e]
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":30tfj27e]
schmidtfan20 said:

Nope..I did enjoy beating the snot out of his AAAA team just we have done to the Phillies this year...10-2 vs the joke league suits me just fine.

regular season doesn't matter if you can't get by the Rays and Angels![/quote:30tfj27e]

Ahh yes...The Rays and Angels. Too bad that since 2000 the Red Sox are 3-1 in the playoffs against the Angels with 2 sweeps and a series in which we lost 1 game. If the playoffs started today neither the Rays nor the Angels would even be in the playoffs. You are a clown.[/quote:30tfj27e]

I would be bitter too if I lost a playoff series to the Rays and their 40 dollar payroll. LMAO

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009

schmidtfan20 said:
Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1rwlgt8t]
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1rwlgt8t]
schmidtfan20 said:

Ahh yes...The Rays and Angels. Too bad that since 2000 the Red Sox are 3-1 in the playoffs against the Angels with 2 sweeps and a series in which we lost 1 game. If the playoffs started today neither the Rays nor the Angels would even be in the playoffs. You are a clown.[/quote:1rwlgt8t]

I would be bitter too if I lost a playoff series to the Rays and their 40 dollar payroll. LMAO[/quote:1rwlgt8t]

Trying to have any sort of discussion/argument/conversation with you is about as rewarding as talking to a tree..No facts, no logic, nothing other than random nonsense...Enjoy 3rd place.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Jays_Cards said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":2m6r9pwm]
schmidtfan20 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Ahh yes...The Rays and Angels. Too bad that since 2000 the Red Sox are 3-1 in the playoffs against the Angels with 2 sweeps and a series in which we lost 1 game. If the playoffs started today neither the Rays nor the Angels would even be in the playoffs. You are a clown.[/quote:2m6r9pwm]

I would be bitter too if I lost a playoff series to the Rays and their 40 dollar payroll. LMAO[/quote:2m6r9pwm]

Trying to have any sort of discussion/argument/conversation with you is about as rewarding as talking to a tree..No facts, no logic, nothing other than random nonsense...Enjoy 3rd place.[/quote:2m6r9pwm]

no facts no logic? Red Sox have choked the past two in the playoffs and might never get there again. Phils have been
to the WS both years with 1 DOMINATING win over the Rays for a ring. I guess that 08 Rays squad was just tired after
scoring a billion runs against your team huh?

Feel free to find the fiction in those statements.

Thanks
Kevin

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire

schmidtfan20 said:
no facts no logic? Red Sox have choked the past two in the playoffs and might never get there again. Phils have been
to the WS both years with 1 DOMINATING win over the Rays for a ring. I guess that 08 Rays squad was just tired after

Thanks
Kevin

So, help me understand something. You criticize Yankees fans for living in the past, but yet it's ok for your to keep mentioning how well the Phillies did in the '08 WS?

Hows that $19,000,000 a year first baseman working out....the one that lead the NL 1st basemen with errors in 2008, 2009 and now leads in 2010.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin

schmidtfan20 said:

Thanks
Kevin

The Red Sox are never going to make the playoffs again? :?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Reds in 2009 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Thanks
Kevin

Rockies just thumped em

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008

schmidtfan20 said:
Reds in 2009 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Thanks
Kevin

Rockies just thumped em

ummm 2-1 is thumping them? hahaha The rockies got the lucky breaks tonight

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

I'm not sure attacking Ryan Howard's defense is the way to go. He's not getting paid $20 million to win gold gloves.

zach said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Thanks
Kevin

So, help me understand something. You criticize Yankees fans for living in the past, but yet it's ok for your to keep mentioning how well the Phillies did in the '08 WS?

Hows that $19,000,000 a year first baseman working out....the one that lead the NL 1st basemen with errors in 2008, 2009 and now leads in 2010.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008

Howard had another game winner today shooting it through that shift they put on. When will teams learn?

Members online