Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

bowman retail case, 1740 at blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
just noticed this on the email. I was lucky to get a case at around 480, was a decent case and got out of it, barely.
so Chris has em at 1740 for 12 boxes. you cannot get out of this product. you could pull an orange harper or stras and you couldn't get out of it. Makes me wonder if the only reason for these prices on retail is the perception there are stras autos in it. even so, you could pull 2 of them, and you could not get out of it. Its really a shame, great rip at 500 a case, but 1740?? why have the prices on this stuff, hobby and retail not come down? who keeps ripping 325.00 boxes with little chance of making out?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Typical dealer, he has no intention of selling, he just wants everyone to see what he has and feel like he has balls, you
see it at shows all the time, guys just want you to walk by and hear what a great freaking collection they have. You
ask them how much a card is and they crap their pants.

You could always wait for that generous 5% off coupon!

A better deal would be a box of 01 Bowman Chrome for 400 bucks, that Pujols auto has to be in one of them!

Kevin

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I sold the retail case I bought from Dick's for $1,320 to a local dealer to box out. He has 3 shops in the area and just a week later he sold through 8 of the 12 boxes with prices of $150 a box and $8 packs.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
allstarauction said:
I sold the retail case I bought from Dick's for $1,320 to a local dealer to box out. He has 3 shops in the area and just a week later he sold through 8 of the 12 boxes with prices of $150 a box and $8 packs.

and he told every person, go for that strasburg auto !!

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
schmidtfan20 said:
Typical dealer, he has no intention of selling, he just wants everyone to see what he has and feel like he has balls, you
see it at shows all the time, guys just want you to walk by and hear what a great freaking collection they have. You

A better deal would be a box of 01 Bowman Chrome for 400 bucks, that Pujols auto has to be in one of them!
Kevin

Er... Pujols Redemption card?

Jul 30, 2009
People who dont know think the Stras auto is in it and "Well the Hobby boxes are $150 and the jumbos are $350, so Im getting a good deal at $125 for this retail box."

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
Moonlight Graham said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Er... Pujols Redemption card?

I THINK ID RATHER HAVE AN EXPIRED PUJOLS REDEMPTION CARD vs A KICK IN THE NARDS FROM RETAIL AT $125 +

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
$20 x 12 boxes = $1740 ..........?

Why not just buy 12 boxes at Target? This product is everywhere. I don't understand how people can try to charge $1500 more than a product is worth?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Why not just buy 12 boxes at Target? This product is everywhere. I don't understand how people can try to charge $1500 more than a product is worth?
thats blasters not retail boxes.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I used to love Blowout. I remember when 03/04 Exquisite Basketball came out at $1100 per case. I picked up a couple of those as they were fair priced. Blowout has really changed as a company these past year and a half. Its definitely a shame. But at the same time, I'm afraid to go to bust wax at Atlanta Sportscards as a lot of people say there's a young guy that works there who enjoys ripping boxes looking for case hits which leaves the rest of the boxes on the shelves. Again, this is just a rumor I've heard from 4-5 people in the area.

Allen

wasabicracker

Aug 21, 2008
OAHU
Bruin7 said:
I used to love Blowout. I remember when 03/04 Exquisite Basketball came out at $1100 per case. I picked up a couple of those as they were fair priced. Blowout has really changed as a company these past year and a half. Its definitely a shame. But at the same time, I'm afraid to go to bust wax at Atlanta Sportscards as a lot of people say there's a young guy that works there who enjoys ripping boxes looking for case hits which leaves the rest of the boxes on the shelves. Again, this is just a rumor I've heard from 4-5 people in the area.

Allen
Ya same here. I loved blowout back in 2005. Was ordering prime patches and absolute update every week. As for Atlanta, I hope that's just a rumor. I think Josh is honest and fair. He wouldn't let a scum work for him.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
wasabicracker said:
Bruin7 said:

Allen
Ya same here. I loved blowout back in 2005. Was ordering prime patches and absolute update every week. As for Atlanta, I hope that's just a rumor. I think Josh is honest and fair. He wouldn't let a scum work for him.
The guy who works the retail store is a nice guy but he rips so much that you never know. I always seem to pull good stuff from there, but I never bust high end stuff so take that for what its worth.

As far as people "getting out" of this product, I don't get it either. I've seen guys rip a box at $300, pull a $250+ blue refractor and flip it to the shop owner for like $180 on the spot. The dealer made a killing off that guy...

But that embodies the guy who is snapping this up at this point. There are 2 kinds....The guy who has so much money he just doesn't give a shat, or the guy who thinks that his $300 investment is going to net him a Stras Chrome, base AND auto along with him hitting other good autos. He also believes his Heyward RC is worth $20 and the Leake will certainly pull him $15 on ebay. He also thinks that Common Chromes should net about $5 each and the stars are $20 cards just like the stras.....

Anyways, I hope this only goes on for this one product. It jsut really doesn't make sense.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
allstarauction said:

and he told every person, go for that strasburg auto !!

He is not that kind of dealer... I think you just underestimate the amount of idiots out there that see Strasburg cards on TV or the internet and will pay $8 a pack or $150+ a box at a chance at getting ANYTHING of him.

After the Topps Jeter / Mantle / Bush debacle I am shocked how many people have a hard time grasping this.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
boxbreaker44 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

thats blasters not retail boxes.

ahh, are retail boxes the ones with like 32 packs? Still seems ridiculous but that makes it a little better i guess.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Bruin7 said:

Allen

Allen, there are 2 sides to Atlanta Sports Cards. The Brick and Mortar and the online shop. They have different pools of product, and there is no way the stuff from Atlanta is searched in ANY capacity.

Members online

Latest posts