Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

For $350, Strasburg Will Autograph Your Unlocked Topps Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Any takers?

http://www.topps.com/sports/news/toppsN ... ews_id=327

On June 8, the day of Rookie phenom Stephen Strasburg’s MLB debut, the Topps Company released a special rookie card exclusively available through code cards found in Topps baseball packs. Today, the company has announced that 300 collectors can have Stephen Strasburg personally autograph their limited edition rookie card!

“We are thrilled to offer baseball fans yet another opportunity to memorialize Stephen’s spectacular MLB debut. This very limited autograph card will be an incredible collectible for years to come”, said Warren Friss, Topps GM. “This is another way we can use our successful online million card giveaway program and get MLB fans even closer to the game”.

In order to purchase this autographed version you must have Stephen’s rookie card in your collection at www.toppsmillion.com. Code cards that may unlock the Strasburg rookie card can be found in packs of 2010 Topps Baseball Series 1and 2. Each autographed card will be sequentially numbered and certified. The autograph will cost $350 each. The offer is limited to the first 300 people that have the rookie card and purchase the autograph.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ballerskrip said:
I would jump on that in a second. #d and on-card, limited to 300 copies. I would think you could easil make $200-$300 on the deal.

skrip

First you have to get the card into your port... which, I suppose, can be done via an eBay auction. . . and then a subsequent trade of a common card for a Strasburg... Then pay $350 on top of the $200 for the card.

Call me crazy, but I see visions of Mark Prior, Mark Fidrych, and Kerry Wood dancing around these cards.

....and as has been discussed on other threads, how far off is the eTopps Strasburg signature for $350?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jeff N. said:
ballerskrip said:
I would jump on that in a second. #d and on-card, limited to 300 copies. I would think you could easil make $200-$300 on the deal.

skrip

First you have to get the card into your port... which, I suppose, can be done via an eBay auction. . . and then a subsequent trade of a common card for a Strasburg... Then pay $350 on top of the $200 for the card.

Call me crazy, but I see visions of Mark Prior, Mark Fidrych, and Kerry Wood dancing around these cards.

....and as has been discussed on other threads, how far off is the eTopps Strasburg signature for $350?

I am saying I would do this under the assumption that I UNLOCKED A STRASBURG. NOT, going out and spending $200 on one.

skrip

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
goldenegg1 said:
I think Topps is getting out of control with the Strasburg stuff!

Agreed.

How did Topps decide on $350 anyway? Did they say, "What's the absolute most we can charge for this guy's signature?"

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
rico08 said:
goldenegg1 said:
I think Topps is getting out of control with the Strasburg stuff!

Agreed.

How did Topps decide on $350 anyway? Did they say, "What's the absolute most we can charge for this guy's signature?"

At least if it was $370, you could say his uniform number was involved.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ballerskrip said:
Jeff N. said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

I am saying I would do this under the assumption that I UNLOCKED A STRASBURG. NOT, going out and spending $200 on one.

skrip

If I unlocked one, it'd be on eBay faster than you could say Tommy John.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
There's a guy on the facebook page who's pimpin one pretty hard. I think he wants to trade it for the best deal he can get in other cards in people's portfolios. So if anyone has some higher end singles, they may be able to get one that way. Probably a smart thing to do since most of the vintage cards are absolutely hammered.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
ballerskrip said:

skrip

With only 300 copies signed and not all will be redeemed/pulled I'd say it could fetch the $1,000 mark.

Allen

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
rico08 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Could be a good investment but still 350.00 to sign an autograph? ::facepalm::

Topps isn't actually putting $350 in Strasburg's pocket each time he signs though.

Thats true Topps is making the money on charging the price but still last time I checked Strasburg isnt Sandy Koufax

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
rico08 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Could be a good investment but still 350.00 to sign an autograph? ::facepalm::

Topps isn't actually putting $350 in Strasburg's pocket each time he signs though.

For what it's worth, Topps hasn't really made a lot of money off of Strasburg. Bowman sold out at the normal price, but Bowman usually sells out. eTopps sold out, but what was that - 2k cards at $8 each, $16,000.... not a tremendous amount for Topps. Plus they DO have to print the card.

Topps has their autograph contract with Stras and they are selling balls/hats/helmets on their site. This is Topps getting into the Strasburg fun...$350 for Topps, and $20-30 for Stras...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
I think people should charge what they think the market is for everything.

Oh wait, that's how almost every industry on the face of the earth operates.

No one said they shouldn't.

People will pay their $350 for their autogrpah.

Members online

No members online now.