Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If I just want to get a BGS card re-slabbed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Does it cost money? Or just to ship and ship back? I do not want them to re-grade or re-evaluate my card, just put it in a new case because the BGS label has finger prints and is a little off and the case is chipped on bottom.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
muchuckwagon said:
If you had the card graded yourself...they will most likely do it for free.
This is only true if it was graded recently.

Additionally, the card CAN end up in a lower grade. If they crack it and determine that damage occured lowering the grade, the can't legitimately reslab in the original grade.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
darocker80 said:
muchuckwagon said:
If you had the card graded yourself...they will most likely do it for free.
Huh? You mean if i send another to get graded and just send my lincecum to get re-cased?

No...if you purchased the card graded from someone else, then they will not reslab it for free. If you had the card graded originally on your account, they will most likely reslab it for free...assuming it was graded recently.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
There is a $5 reslab fee. If you just received a card back from BGS that was damaged during shipment, they will do it free but otherwise, you'll have to pay the fee.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Oh ok, thank you all for your help.

I guess i'll pay the $5 dollar fee to get it re-slabbed. Has anyone done this before? /How long does the process usually take?

Members online

Latest posts