Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Break-In, collection stolen--La Mesa/San Diego residents...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Hi Folks,
I just got home to find that we had been robbed. Among other things they took many of my PSA/DNA authenticated RCs. Please see the link below for pictures of most of them. They didn't take the Ripken (thank goodness) or some of the Peavys. The rest is out there somewhere. The police are on their way, just thought I would post here. I would greatly appreciate your help finding these again.

Authenticated Autographed Baseball Cards:
1988 Procards Reprint Ken Griffey Jr. BGS/JSA serial number: 0005785998
Smith, Ozzie 1979 Auto RC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 81949683
Maddux, Greg PSA-DNA-AU-Donruss RC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047878
Hoffman, Trevor-PDA-DNA-AU-Bowman RC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047879
Gwynn, Tony-PSA-DNA-AU-ToppsRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047875
Gwynn, Tony-PSA-DNA-AU-DonrussRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047876
Gwynn, Tony-PSA-DNA-AU-FleerRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047877
Gwynn, Tony 1983OPC PSANDA83077263 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077263
Williams, Matt 1987FleerUPSADNA PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077268
Peavy, Jake 2001TT PSADNA83077259 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077259
Peavy, Jake 2001TTPSANDA83077258 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077258
Etheir, Andre 2005TCJ PSADNA83077277 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077277
Ethier, Andre 2005TCJ PSADNA83077276 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077276
Gonzalez, Adrian 2000TT PSADNA83077267 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077267
Gonzalez, Adrian 2000BD PSADNA83077264 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077264
Gonzalez, Adrian 2000BD PSADNA83077265 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077265
Tulowitzki, Troy-PSA-DNA-AU-BDGRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047885
Kemp, Matt-PSA-DNA-AU-BHRC-Blue ink PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047883
Kemp, Matt-PSA-DNA-AU-BHRC-Black ink PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047884
Braun, Ryan-PDA-DNA-AU-BHPortraitRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047882
Braun, Ryan PDA-DNA-AU-BHFieldingRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047881
Ibanez, Raul 1996BB PSADNA83077285 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077285
Cameron, Mike 1996BPSADNA83077281 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077281
Hernandez, Felix 2004BD PSADNA83077278 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077278
Hernandez, Felix 2004TT PSANDA83077279 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077279
Kershaw, Clayton 2008 A&G PSADNA83077280 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077280
Greene, Khalil PSA-DNA-AU-206RdRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047893
Greene, Khalil PSA-DNA-AU-206GrRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047892
Loney, James PSA-DNA-AU-206RC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047887
Loney, James 2002T206PSADNA83077286 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077286
Loney, James 2002 UDPP PSADNA83077287 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077287
McCann, Brian-PSA-DNA-AU-BHRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047889
McCann, Brian-PSA-DNA-AU-UDPPRC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047888
Grissom, MarquisPSA-DNA-AU-RC PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83047886
Blanks, KyleMLBDTicket1 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077273
Blanks, Kyle MLBDTicket2 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077275
Blanks, Kyle MLBDTicket3 PSA/DNA Serial Number: 83077274
2005 UD Reflections Jake Peavy Patch Autograph PSA/DNA Serial number: 83047894
1990 Topps Frank Thomas PSA/DNA Autographed RC (I can’t find the serial number)

http://khalilgreenecollector.wikispaces ... raphed+RCs

Anthony

-------------------------------------------
My Updated Post from page 3 of this Thread:

Thanks again everyone. I've been calling Pawn Shops and Card Shows with the full list of cards (pictures and serial numbers included) and some other items that were stolen. I'm going to go to a few Swap Meets tomorrow to distribute a list of the stolen stuff. After that, I feel like I've done all I can do.

I guess although I've been robbed there are a few things in my favor: pretty much everything stolen has a serial number that can be tracked (the cards, a computer, a camera, a Wii--all with serial numbers) also, when the person entered my home they must have cut themselves. The police found 3 drops of blood on our floor which they swabbed. If the thief has ever been arrested for a felony before there will be a match there.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Anthony

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
I'll keep an eye out at some of my local pawn shops, Maybe call some of the local card shops and Jerry over at the kings inn show.

They left the Khalil's :eek:

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Good news is that the sku#'s on the slabs should help if the turn up on craigslist or EBay.Chances are it is someone you know that did it.Sorry to hear about it.
Mike

A_Pharis

Your average everyday thief isn't going to take sports memorabilia. When I lived with my bro and his house got broken into, they didn't even MOVE any of my boxes or signed bats, balls or hats (including a Mantle 8x10).
Depending on what else was stolen, I'd venture to guess it was someone who knew you had it and knew they could move it (another reason robbers don't take sports stuff -- they don't know how to move it to buyers).

One thing you (and everyone) need to remember is that Facebook can be browsed without being your friend for information. ALl it takes is someone looking to score to link your name from here/facebook to your address and schedule.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
A_Pharis said:
Your average everyday thief isn't going to take sports memorabilia. When I lived with my bro and his house got broken into, they didn't even MOVE any of my boxes or signed bats, balls or hats (including a Mantle 8x10).
Depending on what else was stolen, I'd venture to guess it was someone who knew you had it and knew they could move it (another reason robbers don't take sports stuff -- they don't know how to move it to buyers).

One thing you (and everyone) need to remember is that Facebook can be browsed without being your friend for information. ALl it takes is someone looking to score to link your name from here/facebook to your address and schedule.

are you saying an fcb member did this?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A_Pharis said:

It's a good idea to set privacy and to not give out your address on facebook (under your info) I don't, then again there arn't any house break-ins here so I doubt it would matter.

I agree it was probably someone you knew and knew you had a great sports collection.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

Well at least we can rule you out for the intelligence factor.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
what was the highest value card stolen?
were other items stolen?

only reason I have a hard time believing it was someone going after the sports cards is you say the ripken wasnt stolen. why wouldnt he take the highest value card if he knew cards?

A_Pharis

TBTwinsFan said:
A_Pharis said:

It's a good idea to set privacy and to not give out your address on facebook (under your info) I don't, then again there arn't any house break-ins here so I doubt it would matter.

I agree it was probably someone you knew and knew you had a great sports collection.

ALl they need facebook for is to link your e-mail address to your real name.

Let's say a rival collector sees his eBay username and requests his e-mail addy through eBay. He goes to Facebook and searches by e-mail addy. He uses that to find his real name and approximate location (and possibly to even add them randomly as a friend or just google the page and view the cached version). Most Facebookers reveal their away-from-home time in either their status or comments. Perp uses the name and location to search whitepages and boom...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
lisu said:
this is why I have a PO box.
That is very smart.The one thing I have going for me is the amount of **** I have here.The odds of someone finding something good is very slim and it would take 2 days to take everything .

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hofmichael said:
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

and the fact ive never been to san diego.......

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
miguelcabrera said:
hofmichael said:
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

And the fact you have no ******* clue where San Diego is.

A_Pharis

miguelcabrera said:
hofmichael said:
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

Miggy: You do understand the sports collection world extends beyond FCB, right? I know that it may seem like a stretch to someone who obsesses about it so much, but I'd figure that "someone who knew you had it" would include a numerous number of people outside of this forum.

Members online