Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: Who would you want to pitch the 8th inning??

Who would you want pitching the 8th inning?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I am a big fan of flame throwers.
All 3 can reach triple digits on the gun.
All 3 will, in my estimation, become closers in the future.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
They're pretty evenly matched, even though Chamberlain's having a rough go in ERA thus far. I think if Zumaya keeps his BB-Rate where it is, he's got a good shot at being the best of the bunch. Bard and him are essentially identical except one has a curve and one a slider.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I'd want my best reliever pitching in the highest leverage situation. If the middle of the order was coming up in the 8th with a one-run lead, I'd throw Rivera (or whomever) out there. If he holds the fort, than my '8th inning guy' can pick up the easier section of the order in the 9th.

Of course, agents will never allow a team to actually manage this way but I'd love to see it happen.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
klute14 said:
Bard sucks?
Umm, okay..

miguelcabrera said:
bard sucks, chamberlains a yankee so zumaya

dude serves em up everytime out. its like BP. just serves up homers

You really need to find a new team to watch because you know absolutely NOTHING about the Red Sox. Bard has made 36 appearances this year and has given up...wait for it...wait for it...4 HRs. He has given up exactly 1 HR since May 1st.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Papelbon has given up 6 already which just happens to equal what he gave up all of last year.

Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
klute14 said:
Bard sucks?
Umm, okay..

miguelcabrera said:

You really need to find a new team to watch because you know absolutely NOTHING about the Red Sox. Bard has made 36 appearances this year and has given up...wait for it...wait for it...4 HRs. He has given up exactly 1 HR since May 1st.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
klute14 said:
Bard sucks?
Umm, okay..

miguelcabrera said:

It's so much easier blocking/foe him than arguing

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jurgy25 said:
Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
klute14 said:
Bard sucks?
Umm, okay..

miguelcabrera said:

the funny thing is i was not even arguing. i was just stating what I thought was going on, and I was wrong. No arguing going on here.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
Jurgy25 said:
Jays_Cards said:
miguelcabrera said:
klute14 said:
Bard sucks?
Umm, okay..

[quote="miguelcabrera":3otfe8cz]bard sucks, chamberlains a yankee so zumaya

the funny thing is i was not even arguing. i was just stating what I thought was going on, and I was wrong. No arguing going on here.[/quote:3otfe8cz]

Don't beat yourself up, Miggy. Among AL relievers with at least 30 IP, Bard's HR/9 is 8th highest in the league. I'm sure that's the stat you were referencing.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Sir Arthur Rhodes

0.29 ERA in 34 games played. His only run given up was the first game of the year I believe.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
ajbraves25 said:
Tyler Clippard.

8-3 1 SV 53-17 K/BB 1.577 ERA .9854 WHIP

~AJ

Clippard has only allowed 8 runs in 45.2 IP, but has allowed 12 of 27 inherited runners to score (44%), accounting for 5 blown saves. He got wins in 4 of those 5 blown saves.

Of the 37 pitchers to inherit 20 or more runners so far in 2010, there are only 5 pitchers who allowed a higher percentage to score.

On the other hand, Arthur Rhodes has allowed only 2 of 20 runners to score (best in the league) and has only allowed one run in 31 IP this year for a 0.29 ERA (also best in the league). I think I'd pick Rhodes too.

David

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Joba is back.

He is throwing High 90's with his devistating slider.

He also has a curveball now.

If Joba can keep up with how he pitched the last two days I pick him.

Members online