Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody remember Coke football caps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I found a complete sheet of these in some old stuff of mine. It is a complete sheet of 1965 caps. I have a few loose ones too. I probably put together over a 100 sheets, which you could trade in for prizes. Five sheets got you a football. I had over 20 footballs. I'd give them to firends and practice punting 10 at a time before I'd have to chase them down.
DANNY
Cokefootballcaps.jpg
Cokefootballcaps2.jpg

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
That is awesome. I have never even heard of anything like that before, but I was born well after '65. One thing gets me: you had to send in 5 of those completed sheets to get a football? That is a LOT of Coke!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I was in the 7th grade and went up the road each day stopping at several gas stations and a couple of grocery stores using a magnet on a wire to get them out of the machines. The store owners didn't care, as I asked each.
DANNY

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
dano7 said:
I was in the 7th grade and went up the road each day stopping at several gas stations and a couple of grocery stores using a magnet on a wire to get them out of the machines. The store owners didn't care, as I asked each.
DANNY

That's awesome. I tend to think that shop owners wouldn't let you do that nowadays.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
remember the ones with countries of the world ? I had over a five gallon bucket of those caps football / countries . I even remeber thowing those and my comic books away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Man, I missed so many cool things due to being born in 1982. I don't remember any of those kind of oddball items when I was a kid. I didn't know about police issue cards until a year or two ago, and I picked up a 50 card set of 1994 Pacific Orowheat cards recently. I cannot believe that someone managed to put a CLEAN 50 card set together when they came in loaves of bread!!!

It was really sad,when I was 8 or 9 I spent every week's allowance on 1990 Topps Baseball with hopes of putting together the entire 792 card set. Today I went to a card shop, and outside they had a bunch of hand collated sets...one of them was that 1990 Topps baseball set. I spent over $50 building that set (which is like a billion dollars when you are eight) and they were selling it for 0.99. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts