Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I believe this eBay seller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I buy a card using Buy It Now for relatively cheap. The suction states the picture is the actual card, and has been stored safely. The seller also lists his email address in the auction.

I pay for the card, and the next day I have a refund. The message is that when they pulled the card, it had damaged corners and a severe crease through the middle.

This strikes me as pretty odd, since the pic is perfect, and he states it was stored safely.

I email him, asking for a scan, b/c I might still want the card. He replies "Sorry - like an idiot I tore it up and threw it away. - I guess you live and learn, figured no one would want it, so why keep it. Sorry again"

This seems especially fishy to me. Why would anyone bother to even tear it up? Wouldn't you just toss it, if anything?

So just to push it, I tell him I STILL might be interested and please send a scan. No response yet.

I suspect someone else emailed him after my Buy It Now and offered more money. I never gamble, but I'd bet there's no way he'll provide a scan of a torn up card.

Should I let it go, drop a negative, keep on him?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Did you get a steal on it? Is it the type of card that someone might sabotage the listing and email the seller offering more money? Sounds bogus to me. If it was a really good deal, I'd leave him a negative, b/c he's jacking with you for some reason. I've left a negative for the exact same type of thing. If it was a card I really wanted, I'd be pissed, and I'd feel better letting the ebay community know that the seller sells something and then decides not to fulfill his end of the deal.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Re: Should I believe this eBay seller? ---UPDATE

So this retaliates by leaving me positive feedback but states "THIS IS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK - B E W A R E - BUYER IS A BAD RISK !!!! AVOID & BLOCK"

He also replies to my negative feedback and accuses me of sending threatening emails, which is ridiculous.

I contact eBay, explain the situation, and they're removing the feedback. It's a clear violation of their feedback policy.

What's better? They say he'll be receiving a ding on his account. Of course they can't provide specifics, but at a minimum he earns a mark on his account recording his shenanigans and an email slap on the wrist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts