Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad pull to good pull thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Thought it would be fun to put together a list of cards that started out as lower end pulls from a product that are now among the best to pull from the product.

The first one that comes to mind is the BC auto of Brennan Boesch.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Million dollar giveaway is the first one I thought of.

I know I sold the first lot I had of 11 cards for 13 bucks.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
it's not baseball, but back in 2000 i pulled a to brady fleer autographics auto and GAVE it to a friend of a friend. i am not sure what it used to book or sell, but now it sells routinely for $150-$200.

why did i give it away? brady was a late round draft pick, wasn't supposed to make it big, and played for michigan (i live in iowa and am a big hawkeye fan). the guy i gave the brady to is one of the biggest wolverine fans i know and to this day still owns the card, refusing to sell it and cash in.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
thats funny, I actually bought a box of 2000 encore football for cheap back in the day. Each box included a graded rookie card and mine was brady needless to say back then I was hoping for a Jamal Lewis

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Tommy Hanson Red Refractor... ::facepalm::

Sold quickly after pulling because of the multiple sites saying he was nothing more than a reliever.

RedRef.png

Sold for $200

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Jurgy25 said:

Sold quickly after pulling because of the multiple sites saying he was nothing more than a reliever.

RedRef.png

Sold for $200
Is this technically his first bowman chrome? If not what is. I am assuming it is another topps mess up?!

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
rob167 said:
it's not baseball, but back in 2000 i pulled a to brady fleer autographics auto and GAVE it to a friend of a friend. i am not sure what it used to book or sell, but now it sells routinely for $150-$200.

why did i give it away? brady was a late round draft pick, wasn't supposed to make it big, and played for michigan (i live in iowa and am a big hawkeye fan). the guy i gave the brady to is one of the biggest wolverine fans i know and to this day still owns the card, refusing to sell it and cash in.

I found this in a commons box about 5 years ago. And similar to you, I am a Michigan State fan who loathes the Wolverines.

00BradyUltimateVictoryUnnumberedPar.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Jurgy25 said:

Sold for $200
Is this technically his first bowman chrome? If not what is. I am assuming it is another topps mess up?!

they didnt put first year or first chrome on them that year.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
All of my jimenez autos (Especially the 2007 Topps Chrome Refractor Auto!) and my Carlos quentin BTL Auto and Josh Hamilton BTL auto!

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
I remember buying a 2001 bowman blaster from a local Kmart and pulling a Pujols rc auto. Me and my Dad both looked at eachother saying, "Who?" :lol:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
in 98 i pulled multiple crusades all colors ended up trading them in for more boxes
i did pull and still have this beauty

goldmaduxx.jpg
(hiya steve)

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Erich said:
Beckhamcollector15 said:
I remember buying a 2001 bowman blaster from a local Kmart and pulling a Pujols rc auto. Me and my Dad both looked at eachother saying, "Who?" :lol:
Ok, I'll bite. ********!

You said it. If they said we pulled a pujols rc auto redemption i might think that could be possible. But it has been said a million times the Pujols rc was a redemption and none of them made it into packs :?

Scottyno

May 15, 2010
2004 Leaf Certified Ryan Howard Mirror Black, pulled this when he was still stuck behind Jim Thome, I wouldn't call it a terrible pull at the time though.
ryanhoward.jpg

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Boesch cards definitely have become something worth pulling. I bought a ton of his base chromes, and heritage RCs for 10 cents a piece. I've sold a slew of them for 10 bucks each now.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Krom said:
Erich said:
Beckhamcollector15 said:
Ok, I'll bite. ********!

You said it. If they said we pulled a pujols rc auto redemption i might think that could be possible. But it has been said a million times the Pujols rc was a redemption and none of them made it into packs :?
i think my buddy might still have a redemption card, ill have to check into it :D

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
magicpapa said:
Krom said:
Erich said:
Beckhamcollector15 said:
Ok, I'll bite. ********!

i think my buddy might still have a redemption card, ill have to check into it :D

Check my bucket the card is in there. I never said it was chrome its his regular bowman auto. Its amazing how many people just comment on this site just to put others down.

Members online

Latest posts