Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about Grading (Declared Value)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
How would I determine the value of the cards that I'm sending in?

For example, I have a Strasburg auto I'm sending in, what should I put down for the value? Do I just make something up that I feel the card is worth? Or approx. value?

Thanks for the help.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
use the value of how much it would cost to replace the card if damaged/stolen/lost etc. mostly for insurance purposes.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Always go as high as you reasonably can without having to pay extra.

If you lose a 350 dollar card, odds are it'll cost you 550 to replace it. Remember, never put auction prices on insurance. Look at the BINs or your local card shop.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
If sending to Beckett, I think the minimum cost for you will take you up to $1000 value. you can take as much insurance as you want, but IF something were to happen and you had to make a claim, you will only get the going rate to replace it up to what you spent. If you think it is $350, you can certainly claim up to the $1000-it won't cost you any extra, but it will cover you if it gets a 10. You can also claim nothing and not pay for any insurance. I have done this on a couple occasions and never had a problem. I would certainly take insurance out on the Strasburg and depending on what else is going with it claim up to the max of the bracket you fall in for value. the value brackets are listed on the order forms that you can look at or print out on the web site.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Thanks.

Edit: I'm sending my Strasburg auto along with my other lower end autos and two base Strasburgs. I'll probably just go the 1-1000 route.

Members online