Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOLY CRAP!!...Nicest TTM I've EVER received!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Got this in the mail today. It was sent more than 5+ YEARS AGO!! I long ago thought this was history!

For all you NASCAR hater out there, this is pretty much equivalent to getting a TTM back from Jordan, Gretzky, Jeter, Pujols, etc.....

He's not the best driver in NASCAR but he's far and away the most popular figure in the sport......and my favorite since he first came up!!!

scan0001-1.jpg

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
That's very cool. How do you get addresses of drivers? My son would love a Jeff Gordon auto, he's a Jeff Gordon freak, if you have any info please let me know.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the kind words, guys.....I actually saw a special a couple years ago that showed his TTM room. It explained that (back 5+ years ago) his assistants would unpackage and separate / organize all the TTM requests by item (cards, pics, die-cast, clothing, etc...). In the offseason, Junior would spend an hour or two a day just signing stuff (his assistants wouls have everything laid out and would repackage when he was done).

At the time, it said he was no longer doing TTM requests b/c it got out of hand w/ his popularity.....lo and behold today I got this card back!!!

Jarcar - Gordon's address is in Sports Collectors Monthly (old Tuff Stuff). If you need it, I have it, just PM me....

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Very cool, I tried to get a TTM or Earnhardt Jr about two years ago and got a fourm letter allowing me to join his fan club and have stuff signed but he wasn't signing any other requests. Same for most of the top drivers. I was trying to complete a TTM auto set for my twins who were born in 2006. I tried to get as many players to sign their 2006 Topps cards in baseball and the 2006 season for both of Nascars top series.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
Very cool, I tried to get a TTM or Earnhardt Jr about two years ago and got a fourm letter allowing me to join his fan club and have stuff signed but he wasn't signing any other requests. Same for most of the top drivers. I was trying to complete a TTM auto set for my twins who were born in 2006. I tried to get as many players to sign their 2006 Topps cards in baseball and the 2006 season for both of Nascars top series.

Funny, I've received almost every driver back from NASCAR........far and away the most obliging athletes in all of sports......I think the only NASCAR TTM I never received back was of Jr...........until today :D :D :D :D

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I got offers for fan clubs back and some just said not signing, Stewart wasn't signing, niether was Kahne. Edwards, Gordon, Earnhardt Jr offered to sign after paying for a fan club membership. But most did sign, I got Jimmie Johnson back in just over a week. Harvick, Jarret, Martin, Newman and other signed in less than a couple of months. I just hope my twins will enjoy the autos as much as I have.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
shanks25 said:
ronfromfresno said:

Funny, I've received almost every driver back from NASCAR........far and away the most obliging athletes in all of sports......I think the only NASCAR TTM I never received back was of Jr...........until today :D :D :D :D

Congrats on the sweet auto
I would say golfers are the best signerspretty much every current golfer signs excluding Woods

On a saide note I think Jeff Gordon has the most fans.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
colts1888 said:
shanks25 said:
ronfromfresno said:

I would say golfers are the best signerspretty much every current golfer signs excluding Woods

Nope......a studt was conducted last year that found that DEJ had more fans than the next 4 drivers COMBINED!!!! :shock: :shock:

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Absolutely awesome stuff (and luck).

The longest I waited was for Scott Leius. He took 4 years to return my Gold Leaf Rookie :lol:

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Nice return!! We got Sparky Anderson and Rollie Fingers back today with all of them being personalized to the boys!

How was Christmas?

David

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:
Nice return!! We got Sparky Anderson and Rollie Fingers back today with all of them being personalized to the boys!

How was Christmas?

David

Absolutely awesome David......and Luke & Noah's?

Scans to come later (actually pics) of Cade's reaction to his present!!!!

Gotta get the pics loaded.....

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
shanks25 said:

lol....I can't wait.

They love the Nintendo DS's that Santa gave them. We've played games on the DS and Wii ever since. Brad Stone came in for Brandon's camp and we all spent several hours playing each other on Playground, Olympics, Smash Brawl, etc.

David

PS I also love the Christmas card.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
dethomas07 said:
shanks25 said:

lol....I can't wait.

They love the Nintendo DS's that Santa gave them. We've played games on the DS and Wii ever since. Brad Stone came in for Brandon's camp and we all spent several hours playing each other on Playground, Olympics, Smash Brawl, etc.

David

PS I also love the Christmas card.

Ha!!! Cade and Chloe got a Wii..........that's all we've been doing since Christmas!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a good one, buddy......

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I love watching Nascar but I don't really have any autos or cards of it.I had a Sam Hornish auto at one time but I think its gone.

I think that Dale Jr. is pretty cool.I wouldn't mind getting Tony Stewart to sign a few things I have of his.Only bad thing about liking nascar is you get labeled a stupid redneck for it.I absolutely hate it when people sterotype that way.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
I love watching Nascar but I don't really have any autos or cards of it.I had a Sam Hornish auto at one time but I think its gone.

I think that Dale Jr. is pretty cool.I wouldn't mind getting Tony Stewart to sign a few things I have of his.Only bad thing about liking nascar is you get labeled a stupid redneck for it.I absolutely hate it when people sterotype that way.

I guess I don't mind the redneck references.......I already hunt and fish so it comes w/ the territory....

I'm a redneck w/ a college degree I guess

I'm a NASCAR fanatic and proud of it....

I got Tony Stewart TTM a few years ago....

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
shanks25 said:
colts1888 said:
shanks25 said:
ronfromfresno said:

Nope......a studt was conducted last year that found that DEJ had more fans than the next 4 drivers COMBINED!!!! :shock: :shock:

Haha, so true. Around here Gordon probably has the least amount of fans. It's funny how being good in NASCAR while also being clean image-wise is not the formula for popularity. The most popular drivers are the good ole boy guys who people think are like them. NASCAR is by far the biggest sport here in NC. I don't care that much for it, but it has more to do with not being into racing of any kind. It's just not my thing. Thus, I like baseball which most around here consider to be the worst and slowest moving of all sports. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts