Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Detroit Tigers robbed again!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
MY GOD! Did anyone see the last pitch of the Tigers Braves game?!? Pitch was at least 9 inches outside called strike 3 on Damon. It was so far outside the catcher did not, and could not even try to frame it! This is worse than the Galaraga call because this actually cost them the game! They had the bases loaded with 2 outs in the ninth and it was full count to Damon! So sick of thes terrible umps!

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
bodiaz said:
MY GOD! Did anyone see the last pitch of the Tigers Braves game?!? Pitch was at least 9 inches outside called strike 3 on Damon. It was so far outside the catcher did not, and could not even try to frame it! This is worse than the Galaraga call because this actually cost them the game! They had the bases loaded with 2 outs in the ninth and it was full count to Damon! So sick of thes terrible umps!

That was just brutal. Ugh.

Look at McCann, and how he received that ball. Basically all the ump needs to know. That ball was never over the plate, even as it was approaching the plate. It was just a terrible call. I can understand bad calls here and there, but when this crap starts deciding games, it gets to be a little much.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
That last pitch felt like the imperfect game all over again. I got excited because I thought the Tigers tied the game. I've seen the replay a few times now and it seems to get worse every time I see it.

Damon should have gone Billy Martin on Cederstrom. I've had it with the Tigers acting "gracious" with these colossal f***ups that the umpires keep calling. That last called strike is inexcusable.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Bad call? yes.
Does it happen in EVERY game? yes. This one just happened to be the last pitch of the game.

There's an old saying.........."It all evens out in the end."

oh, Go Braves!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I couldn't care less about Tigers/Braves, but it's time to roll out robotic balls/strikes. The technology is there, the result is almost instantaneous (you won't be waiting that long for a result) and it'll eliminate all of the bad ball/strike decisions umpires seem to be making more this season than in past ones.

you'll still need HP ump for various non ball/strike rulings so that umpire will not be going away in an automated system.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
rsmath said:
I couldn't care less about Tigers/Braves, but it's time to roll out robotic balls/strikes. The technology is there, the result is almost instantaneous (you won't be waiting that long for a result) and it'll eliminate all of the bad ball/strike decisions umpires seem to be making more this season than in past ones.

you'll still need HP ump for various non ball/strike rulings so that umpire will not be going away in an automated system.

that would be hideous

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Didn't see the replay.. Don't need to. Go Braves. Doesn't matter if you win by a mile... or in this case a few inches of the corner, a win's a win

~AJ

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
by far the WORST ball/strike call i have seen in a long time, the ump should seriously be looked at by the front office on that call

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
KOBEARODLT said:
by far the WORST ball/strike call i have seen in a long time, the ump should seriously be looked at by the front office on that call
With that call, it will be safe to say he will not be working that World Series :benson:

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
the call did decide the outcome of the game. it was a horrible call. yes the ump needs to have his head examined. bud "light" selig needs to grow some sembilence of a backbone and tell the umpires and their union (an umpires union what a joke... but then all unions are a joke) to straighten up or they'll all be fired and to hell with the union. a perfct game was lost on a shatty call oh but the ump said he was sorry, i wonder ifi go and kill someone and say im sorry if i would get no jail time, um... no .. screw the apologies,make the umps responsible for their actions. i am a lielong braves fan and i'll even say its a crappy win

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
People act like this is a new thing. Umps have been making bad calls since the late 1800's. Its what makes the game what it is. Human! being a Phillies Phan i would love to have seen that call a ball but oh well. It is what it is. Like i said it has been going on for over 100 years now. (bad calls that is)
ANyone have a link to the video?

Members online

Latest posts