Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These retail repack GU'ed cards are such junk!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
this is true player collectors will buy them. Eventually I will pick the variations up just to have them but the logic of trimming an 88 topps card escapes me completely. its not like its a T206 or something.. I mean can you really not find at least another million mint copies of that card to use?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
1st4040 said:
this is true player collectors will buy them. Eventually I will pick the variations up just to have them but the logic of trimming an 88 topps card escapes me completely. its not like its a T206 or something.. I mean can you really not find at least another million mint copies of that card to use?

im guessing they buy in mass junk bulk lots to cut down on costs. since their putting it in another card and the fact that not the smartest of collectors are buying these "packs" they prolly dont need the card to be even in decent condition
im guessing they didnt trim it themselves, but got it that waie

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am missing the point here... what is so wrong with them? I pulled a few nicer ones, including one that was a garunteed LeBron James highschool basketball floor piece. They are worthless base cards and they are giving them a little value back buy framing them with a jersey

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i have a tim salmon gu jersey which was a throw in on an ebay transaction...it's actually pretty cool and the card is not trimmed as noticeably as those above due to the fact that it is a border-less card (1994 fleer roy insert)

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It is probably someone [making minimum wage] with no idea of the value of junk-wax era trading cards putting those cards into those 'GU' frames.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
My LCS just sold a Mantle one like these on ebay, it had a grey flannel GU piece..I just looked, it sold for $29.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I dont think they are junk. I bought quite a few of them myself: (packs that is) I had alot of fun opening all the free packs that came with them too.
BAGWELLJEFF2.jpg
RIPKENCAL7.jpg
RIPKENCAL6.jpg
HALLADAYROY3.jpg
VIZQUELOMAR.jpg
VAUGHNMO1-1.jpg
HUDSONTIM2.png
CLEMENSROGER7.jpg
SHEFFIELDGARRY5.jpg
RODRIGUEZALEX11.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
I bought two and got two patches. One was an Eddie Murray (and it really does look vintage/used since the edges of the patch have wear to them). The other was a Jeff Bagwell half-logoman.

SCAN0119.jpg

I wonder what box that's in.

Want to move the Bags?

Latest posts