Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

hamilton just

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jacked a ball 463 ft. 2nd longest ever at Arlington.

Also moved his hitting streak to 21. guy is a beast this year.

sportzluvr1

Jan 16, 2009
Man, what could have been. It's scary to imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up had he been clean the last decade. Im glad he's turned his life around. Might be too late for the hall of fame, but a couple MVP Trophys might be in his future.

-Gauge.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
sportzluvr1 said:
Man, what could have been. It's scary to imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up had he been clean the last decade. Im glad he's turned his life around. Might be too late for the hall of fame, but a couple MVP Trophys might be in his future.

-Gauge.

It is too bad. He's put his body through a lot that he could have avoided too. Hopefully it's not enough to hamper him any more than it has. When he's healthy, he's a beast.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just an inquiry here....

But lest say Hamilton dominates the next 8-10 years, with a lifetime .340'ish/40'ish/110'ish. Amasses 2500'ish hits, 400'ish HR's, and a MVP or 2. Would you consider him a HOF candidate then? I think I would...

sportzluvr1

Jan 16, 2009
matfanofold said:
Just an inquiry here....

But lest say Hamilton dominates the next 8-10 years, with a lifetime .340'ish/40'ish/110'ish. Amasses 2500'ish hits, 400'ish HR's, and a MVP or 2. Would you consider him a MVP candidate then? I think I would...

You mean Hall of Fame candidate, correct?

That would be highly highly HIGHLY unlikely. But then again, hes beatin the odds before......

-Gauge.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
matfanofold said:
Just an inquiry here....

But lest say Hamilton dominates the next 8-10 years, with a lifetime .340'ish/40'ish/110'ish. Amasses 2500'ish hits, 400'ish HR's, and a MVP or 2. Would you consider him a MVP candidate then? I think I would...

I'm guessing you meant HOF? I think he'd definitely be considered. Especially since I believe we're going into a decade of lower power numbers. If he puts those kinds of numbers together I think he'll get consideration for sure. Something else to consider is that he's got the personality to win over voters on the fence. If he had the same numbers, and the personality of Albert Belle he probably wouldn't make it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
MVP or HOF?

If he ends up with those numbers, yes. But he shouldn't be given a pass for missing nearly a decade. He didn't miss time because of injury or military service; he missed time due to his own stupidity

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
When he was here with the Riverdogs the fans absolutely loved him. He was cordial with all the fans and would stay out on the field until every kid had an autograph. A guy I knew worked at the field and said Josh was just a regular kid with a great personality, of course that was before he got hooked up with the substance abuse problems. I wish the best for him he's a good guy.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
He needs to stay healthy to do that.

This year
• Ranks 2nd in AL in BA (.348)
• Ranks 5th in AL in HR (17)
• Ranks 4th in AL in RBI (54)
• Ranks 6th in AL in R (51)
• Ranks 10th in AL in OBP (.392)
• Ranks 2nd in AL in SLG (.617)
• Ranks 4th in AL in OPS (1.008)

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
JoshHamilton said:
MVP or HOF?

If he ends up with those numbers, yes. But he shouldn't be given a pass for missing nearly a decade. He didn't miss time because of injury or military service; he missed time due to his own stupidity

Shouldn't the time he did play be what matters? Certain guys have made it in with short careers. I'm not saying he will, but it should just be about his actual time playing. Now if he played 10 years in the majors, didn't produce, and then steps up and has a great decade, that's totally different.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
JoshHamilton said:
MVP or HOF?

Shouldn't the time he did play be what matters? Certain guys have made it in with short careers. I'm not saying he will, but it should just be about his actual time playing. Now if he played 10 years in the majors, didn't produce, and then steps up and has a great decade, that's totally different.

Look at Ichiro, he didn't play in the States until 27. Look at Kirby Puckett as well.

Members online

Latest posts