Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Time to nut up, or shut up--Tigers vs. Twins series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
This could be one of those "when it all turned around" series by the end of the season--for either team. Half a game lead for the Twins--White Sox hot on the tail of both--this is by no means your usual run of the mill Twins/Tigers set. I'm excited and nervous at the same time (uh, Bill Smith, could you hurry up and trade for Cliff Lee? Please?) If I could go, I would make a "Nut up or shut up" sign.

Talk some smack, Tiger fans. Let's see what you've got! :D

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
I hate any place that plays "Don't Stop Believin'" because--

#1. It's Journey.

#2. It's a song about a ********** and a kid. Yeah, she's wanting to get out of it, whatever. I get the "Don't Stop Believin' " connection to sports, but still...I hate that song.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
[youtube:r550wrzq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5FkSjc1dbw[/youtube:r550wrzq]

and this one killed me but you have to realize what game this was:

[youtube:r550wrzq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcy047BkRZs&feature=related[/youtube:r550wrzq]

I hate Journey as well... and I boo it to myself no matter where I am

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Greg Cleveland said:
I hate any place that plays "Don't Stop Believin'" because--

#1. It's Journey.

#2. It's a song about a ********** and a kid. Yeah, she's wanting to get out of it, whatever. I get the "Don't Stop Believin' " connection to sports, but still...I hate that song.

Atleast it's a better son then "Sweet Caroline"

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
TIGERS SUCK!

I still boo the part in Don't Stop Believin where they say "Detroit".

GO TWINS!

I find it funny that they play a song a with Detroit so prominantly in the lyrics. And for trivia sake, since there is no "South Detroit" what city is south of Detroit. A: Windsor, Ontario.

This series will probably cause a greater level of angst in our household than usual. My wife is the Twins fan from Iowa and I'm a Tigers fan from Michigan. One thing we do agree on. White Sox suck!

And Greg, the Twins better find a way to grab Cliff Lee before another club (like the Tigers) gets it in their head that 2 dominant pitchers is huge in the postseason (e.g. Schilling/Johnson). A Verlander/Lee combo would be nasty.

Alex

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
UMich92 said:
This series will probably cause a greater level of angst in our household than usual. My wife is the Twins fan from Iowa and I'm a Tigers fan from Michigan. One thing we do agree on. White Sox suck!

That's a sign of a good marriage--having one thing you can agree on! (watching the game in separate rooms, though?) :?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Delmon Young has been amazing this month, he needs to be moved up a peg in the lineup though.....he RBI prowess is being wasted.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Greg Cleveland said:
UMich92 said:

That's a sign of a good marriage--having one thing you can agree on! (watching the game in separate rooms, though?) :?

Can't we also agree that Cleveland Sucks? Brewers Suck, and on a smaller scale, the Royals suck, although I like a lot of their players. Yankees Suck, Cubs Suck, Red Sox Suck, Rays Suck, Phillies Suck, Orioles Suck, Cardinals Suck, Braves Suck, I am gunna stop there but you see where I am headed on this

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
TBTwinsFan said:
Greg Cleveland said:
UMich92 said:

Can't we also agree that Cleveland Sucks? Brewers Suck, and on a smaller scale, the Royals suck, although I like a lot of their players. Yankees Suck, Cubs Suck, Red Sox Suck, Rays Suck, Phillies Suck, Orioles Suck, Cardinals Suck, Braves Suck, I am gunna stop there but you see where I am headed on this

That you hate somewhere between half of and 97% of the teams in MLB? :p

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
OhioBobcat3 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Greg Cleveland said:
UMich92 said:

That you hate somewhere between half of and 97% of the teams in MLB? :p

:twisted: :ugeek: I don't really hate all the teams :D I was just playin. I am a fan of the Twins and Expos (Nationals) and I like the Royals, but I can't say I am a fan.

The teams I dispise the most are:
Yankees
Red Sox
White Sox
Tigers
Indians
Brewers
Cubs

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Go Tigers!!!

Bonde needs one of his solid starts. Not like last one with the mets.

Miggy will smack 1 out of the park drive in 3runs.

Tigers win 4-1

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I will be at the game tomorrow night but I think the Twins really need to send a message tonight with Liriano on the mound, especially with Blackburn going tomorrow. I think they will though and Liriano will continue his strong start going 7 solid innings.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'd love to see the Twins get absolutely thrashed.

I'm a Tigers fan.

I've always hated the Twins...even before I was a serious Tiger fan. Now I hate them even more.

Bonderman is due to toss a gem, what better team to do it against than the Twins?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'd love to see the Twins get absolutely thrashed.

I'm a Tigers fan.

I've always hated the Twins...even before I was a serious Tiger fan. Now I hate them even more.

Bonderman is due to toss a gem, what better team to do it against than the Twins?

Now that's some serious trash talkin' there! Go Twins! Liriano will have around 12 K's. I think both teams will be over pumped tonight, and it'll be a 1-0, 2-1 game.

Either that, or both pitchers will stink and it'll be a 9-8 kind of game.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I'm a Tigers fan, but since the Twins have had Gardenhire I have always respected how they play the game, how they develop players, etc. I don't hate the Twins, I don't hate any teams to be honest.

I am a pretty big fan of Denard Span, really plays the game the right way. But Gardenhire is up there in my book as a top manager, with Joe Madden, Tony LaRussa, Bobby Cox, etc. Gardy is truly top tier.

Now-to this series. It is June, for crying out loud. It doesn't matter if the Twins sweep, Tigers sweep, or anything in between. It's June. Sure, you want to win, but there is way too much season left to put any crazy importance in this series. It will be fun to watch, and I hope the Tigers can take 2 or all 3-but no matter what happens, this isn't going to decide the season. But we got swept last time in MIN earlier this year, so taking this series would be nice to see.

And, on a side note-Jim Leyland is on the opposite end of my managers list-LOL. Really can't stand him.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
And on a side note, Miguel Cabrera is just crazy good. Liriano ahead 1-2, and he hits a 2 RBI double to left-center. Man, I love watching this guy.

Members online

Latest posts