Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brennan Boesch is the next Bob Hamelin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
One monster year at age 25/26 and then fell off the map. I will be the one who calls it first.

bigmick33

Jun 20, 2010
Atlanta
God Bob Hamlin....lol. I havent heard that name since I was like 15 years old. I pray for his sake that you are wrong. I see Adam Dunn.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
Brennan Boesch is the next Ryan Howard

one monster year at age 25/26, then becomes a super star. im finna to nut up and call this one first.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I've been able to watch most every game this guy has played in this year since his call up, and I have a tough time trying to wonder what he will be over his career.

He isn't a Dunn type, because he doesn't walk nearly as much as actually has solid speed-not a burner, but pretty quick. But I can't seem to come up with a comparison really at this point. I don't see him keeping up as a .300+ hitter, but I could see a guy who annually hits .280 with 20+ HR, 80+ RBI. I don't really see him being just a 1 year hit, but it will be interesting to watch his development next year and in the future.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Hopefully, even if he doesn't become a true 'star,' someone like Boesch develops into a useful player who can put together a solid career at the Major Leagues.

It seems we've all heard of various 'rookie sensations' who do end up falling off the face of the MLB map, never to be heard from again.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Re: Brennan Boesch is the next Ryan Howard

jeremy said:
one monster year at age 25/26, then becomes a super star. im finna to nut up and call this one first.

that sonds kinds nasty your gonna "nut up" and theres that word again "finna" when you finna learn to speak...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I say Bobby Higginson w/more power and a little less in the AVG catagory.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

bowmanchromeandorr said:
jeremy said:

that sonds kinds nasty your gonna "nut up" and theres that word again "finna" when you finna learn to speak...

Take you 86 posts and head on back to Hickry.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mwashuc06 said:
One monster year at age 25/26 and then fell off the map. I will be the one who calls it first.
I can see that and is probably the most likely. Could be a similar case of ryan howard, but doubt it.

tigsfan

Aug 15, 2008
Michigan
55_marlins_sp said:
I can see this, but I want to make this comparison a little better...

Jim Thome (w/ less HR totals)

While Higginson was an above average fielder and retired earlier than expected due to injury, Thome is a better fit to Boesch in my mind. He can kill almost any pitching, but he isn't the best fielder in the world. He won't get those 10 assists a year or make the game saving diving catch: while Higginson could within a year. I also expect Boesch to become a full DH type by the age of 35 if not sooner and play until he hits 40.

That's how I see him and Thome being similar.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
hail2thevictors said:
I've been able to watch most every game this guy has played in this year since his call up, and I have a tough time trying to wonder what he will be over his career.

He isn't a Dunn type, because he doesn't walk nearly as much as actually has solid speed-not a burner, but pretty quick. But I can't seem to come up with a comparison really at this point. I don't see him keeping up as a .300+ hitter, but I could see a guy who annually hits .280 with 20+ HR, 80+ RBI. I don't really see him being just a 1 year hit, but it will be interesting to watch his development next year and in the future.

Dunn actually used to be pretty decent in the speed department. He actually stole 19 bases one year. To think about it now is laughable, but he used to be considered a guy who wasn't a base clog.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

jeremy said:
one monster year at age 25/26, then becomes a super star. im about to to nut up and call this one first.

Jeremy's sig = :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course I gave you a Thanks Jeremy. ;)

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Now, comparing Boesch to Thome, even 'w/less HR totals' is crazy.

Boesch maybe lucky to play 10 seasons in the Major Leagues and the comp to Higginson is likely more realistic.

tigsfan said:
55_marlins_sp said:
I can see this, but I want to make this comparison a little better...

Jim Thome (w/ less HR totals)

While Higginson was an above average fielder and retired earlier than expected due to injury, Thome is a better fit to Boesch in my mind. He can kill almost any pitching, but he isn't the best fielder in the world. He won't get those 10 assists a year or make the game saving diving catch: while Higginson could within a year. I also expect Boesch to become a full DH type by the age of 35 if not sooner and play until he hits 40.

That's how I see him and Thome being similar.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Boesch sports a career .269 career minor league average with a .314 OBP. For a guy who hit .249 at A+ as a 23 year old, I think it's fairly safe to say that this fast start is an aberration. Not saying he won't carve out a place as a really handy player to have around, I wouldn't expect him to continue at this pace much longer considering his best ever hitting season in the minor leagues was .291 in the NYPL at 21 over 70 games.

Is his BAIBP that ridiculous this year? It's hard for me to imagine a guy having this kind of sustained success when historically he has been this mediocre at the plate.

Members online

Latest posts