Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A few 2010 Allen & Ginter cards starting to show up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't think I really like the way the autos look but decide for yourself.

[phil:3sdjmllo]290449626650[/phil:3sdjmllo] - Heyward Mini A&G Back
[phil:3sdjmllo]290449625432[/phil:3sdjmllo] - Gallardo Auto
[phil:3sdjmllo]290449624379[/phil:3sdjmllo] - Cano Relic

!BwvdnpQEGk~$(KGrHqN,!hMEv1+0Fe45BMKZnoMcKw~~_12.jpg

I think we'll start seeing a flood of these hit ebay later today and tomorrow.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
masonphillip said:
George_Calfas said:
The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

I also wish they would have improved the checklist. The non-Baseball names are fine. The Baseball names are the same from year to year for the past few, they need to get back Albert, A-Rod, etc.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
George_Calfas said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1uo47lzd]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

I also wish they would have improved the checklist. The non-Baseball names are fine. The Baseball names are the same from year to year for the past few, they need to get back Albert, A-Rod, etc.[/quote:1uo47lzd]

Actually Pujols is on the auto checklist, the first time since I can't remember and the first time in a budget product
in years.

So what is the deal with the frames of the autos? Can the mini slide under them? This hasn't been a problem in the
past, I love the red, but whats up with that?

KEvin

onenineeightsix

Jun 26, 2010
The inner red border is built into the frame of where the mini card sits; so depending on which side you slide the mini to it kinda sneaks underneath partially. It isnt enough to cover the auto but it is kind of irritating. I dont see why they had to do that.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I'm busting 2 of my 11 cases this afternoon.

I woke up at 5am and just stared straight up at the ceiling... waiting for UPS.

haha

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
schmidtfan20 said:
George_Calfas said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1w8lgjvu]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

I also wish they would have improved the checklist. The non-Baseball names are fine. The Baseball names are the same from year to year for the past few, they need to get back Albert, A-Rod, etc.

Actually Pujols is on the auto checklist, the first time since I can't remember and the first time in a budget product
in years.[/quote:1w8lgjvu]

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
George_Calfas said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":11rnw5tl]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":11rnw5tl]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.[/quote:11rnw5tl]

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:11rnw5tl]

You will never see a checklist like 2006...why would topps even do that when they have proven they can sell the
product with lesser names on it, topps basically sold the product by inserting a mini card of Strasburg which in the
end costs topps nothing. I wonder why topps won't tell me how many redemptions are in this product?

KEvin

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
schmidtfan20 said:
George_Calfas said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":lbby0yoo]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":lbby0yoo]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:lbby0yoo]

You will never see a checklist like 2006...why would topps even do that when they have proven they can sell the
product with lesser names on it, topps basically sold the product by inserting a mini card of Strasburg which in the
end costs topps nothing. I wonder why topps won't tell me how many redemptions are in this product?

KEvin[/quote:lbby0yoo]

The product was sold before Strasburg.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
George_Calfas said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2taww92f]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2taww92f]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.[/quote:2taww92f]

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:2taww92f]

He's on the checklist, just sent it to you.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
George_Calfas said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":hkryfmn3]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":hkryfmn3]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:hkryfmn3]

KEvin[/quote:hkryfmn3]

2006 was a once in a great while kind of deal, they have to do that when they are marketing the product for the first time. Once people are sold on the concept (as many are on A&G) they can water the C/L down some and still sell it.

I don't know what Topps paid Strasburg for the exclusive but whatever it was, it seems like it has already been well worth their while.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
frzg said:
George_Calfas said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":c83xkz5i]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":c83xkz5i]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:c83xkz5i]

He's on the checklist, just sent it to you.[/quote:c83xkz5i]

Thanks, that is an update.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Jeff N. said:
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":12w8871k]
schmidtfan20 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":12w8871k]
masonphillip said:
[quote="George_Calfas":12w8871k]The inner red board kills these. This will be the first year that I will not build the framed auto set.

I agree, its just ugly.

in years.

Is this a change, my checklist does not show him. If so one name is nice but a far cry from 2006.[/quote:12w8871k]

KEvin[/quote:12w8871k]

The product was sold before Strasburg.[/quote:12w8871k]

sold, but not sold out. Topps thinks they can sell products by offering rare short printed cards, cards that cost
them nothing. I would rather have an autograph of a HOF'er than a card that is rare (with no serial #ing)

Kevin

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
After learning that Strasburg will not have any parallels (A&G back, no #, Black, wood, etc), I reran the #'s and it's going to be a very tough card to pull.

I'm starting to think this is going to be $150+ easy.

He cannot be any of the following, which means you only have around 11 chances at a base mini per box.

Mini SP: 1:13
Mini A&G back: 1:5
Mini A&G back SP: 1:65
Black-bordered mini: 1:10
Black-bordered mini SP: 1:130
Mini no-number: 1:140
Mini Bazooka: 1:280
Mini Wood: 1:3,542

Strasburg minis should fall about,

1 per 2.14 cases

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
ick. those are pretty tough odds. i'll try a box at the LCS but won't be going whole hog on this product. save up for topps chrome instead. btw, anyone think the tony hawk box topper will not be a redemption?

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
jubei777 said:
ick. those are pretty tough odds. i'll try a box at the LCS but won't be going whole hog on this product. save up for topps chrome instead. btw, anyone think the tony hawk box topper will not be a redemption?

If hobby and retail have the same amount of Strasburgs, Retail is the way to go.

The odds on pulling the blacks and no number and such are tougher, so much shots at the Strasburg mini. If they didn't load hobby over retail, I think A&G blasters will exceed 2010 Bowman Blasters as they are much better bang for the buck than hobby.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
frzg said:
After learning that Strasburg will not have any parallels (A&G back, no #, Black, wood, etc), I reran the #'s and it's going to be a very tough card to pull.

I'm starting to think this is going to be $150+ easy.

He cannot be any of the following, which means you only have around 11 chances at a base mini per box.

Mini SP: 1:13
Mini A&G back: 1:5
Mini A&G back SP: 1:65
Black-bordered mini: 1:10
Black-bordered mini SP: 1:130
Mini no-number: 1:140
Mini Bazooka: 1:280
Mini Wood: 1:3,542

Strasburg minis should fall about,

1 per 2.14 cases

It's $200 easy. Probably closer to $400.

Members online

Latest posts