Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vegas odds and Poll on Ubaldo's projected win totals

How many wins will Ubaldo get this year?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I can't access this at work, but if someone could post the current over/under for wins this season by Ubaldo Jimenez, I would appreciate it. I'm just interested in knowing...

I think Ubaldo gets 25 wins this year, the most since Bob Welch had 27 in 1990. The last pitcher before Bob Welch was Steve Stone in 1980, with 25. It's kind of hard to believe that in the last 30 seasons, only one pitcher had more than 24 wins in a season. It's harder to believe that the pitcher was Bob Welch. Welch's 2nd most wins in a season: 17.

David

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
leatherman said:
I can't access this at work, but if someone could post the current over/under for wins this season by Ubaldo Jimenez, I would appreciate it. I'm just interested in knowing...

I think Ubaldo gets 25 wins this year, the most since Bob Welch had 27 in 1990. The last pitcher before Bob Welch was Steve Stone in 1980, with 25. It's kind of hard to believe that in the last 30 seasons, only one pitcher had more than 24 wins in a season. It's harder to believe that the pitcher was Bob Welch. Welch's 2nd most wins in a season: 17.

David

My guess is 2 to 1 he gets 25.5 wins.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
The last 25 pitchers to have 22 or more wins in a season: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... reit/Hh6pa

The list goes back to 1985 (Dwight Gooden's 24-4 season), so there have been 25 occurrences in 25 years. In 1988, 1990, 1993, and 2002, there were three pitchers with 22 or more wins.

Only one pitcher has two such seasons: Curt Schilling (back to back, no less), but I think Halladay might get there again this year.
Greg Maddux is not on the list.
Teammates Bob Welch and Dave Stewart combined for 49 wins in 1990.

David

Members online

Latest posts