Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Week 1-8, 2010-2011 Season, Let's Play A Game.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
When it comes to statistics, I love baseball. However, when it comes to understanding the intricacies of the game, football's for me.

So, everyone should whip out their big, knowledgeable, football schlongs and play a little game. Pick a player in any one of these categories:

1) Under $10
2) Under $25
3) Under $55
4) Under $100

Who will have the most growth in the first eight weeks of the season and then justify it. I don't have a PC (other than a small Dustin Keller one) but it'd be great if you didn't just pick the guy that you're already hoarding. Right now, 2010 cards are hot, so picking a rookie will take some balls. However, everyone remembers that temporary jump that Massaquoi cards had in 2009, so the upside's definitely there.

2009 Iglesias Exquisite -- $22

!BvqEkNQ!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKiwEwRToRkPCBMFblgBRRw~~_12.jpg

With Mike Martz in town, it wouldn't surprise me to see Iglesias put up decent numbers despite his position on the depth chart behind Knox, Hester, Bennett and Davis. All things considered, Iglesias projects as the best non-gimmick slot receiver of the bunch. His ability to run well timed, perfectly crisp, routes should lend itself to Martz's style and Cutler's cannon. While I think that Bennett should succeed based on the same skill set, Iglesias still showed -- in college at least -- an ability to get off the line in one hell of a hurry despite mediocre speed. Both of these guys and their ability to run a great route should succeed in what'll be a Martz offense at least until it gets cold & windy.

Adding to that will be the exposure these two see in their first 8-weeks in Chicago. A Gravy week against Detroit to start followed by Dallas, Green Bay, Giants, Carolina, Seattle, and Washington. Not only will folks be watching these games but the majority of these teams have issues against 3rd and 4th receivers.

Chicago has an absolutely brutal schedule which means that the pass attack should be in full effect. The addition of Harris to help shore up a mistake-prone secondary is a step but there'll be opportunities for other teams to go deep if Peppers & Harris don't get home.

I love both Bennett and Iglesias in this offense but Iglesias is about 15 bucks cheaper.

If no one else cares to play, I'll just keep updating this with guys that I think have a 50/50 shot of breaking out and/or posting at least 1x100yd game.

Members online