Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***** Win!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Don't follow a ton of college baseball, but why in the hell would you not walk the next two batters to load the bases and bring in Bauer? That made absolutely no since, at all.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
My Bruins were soooo close to winning their first College World Series Championship. Oh well...

Allen

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
stevezimmer22 said:
Don't follow a ton of college baseball, but why in the hell would you not walk the next two batters to load the bases and bring in Bauer? That made absolutely no since, at all.

Honestly, they should have brought him in an inning before that. Yes, Klein was doing well, but he was on the edge the whole time. Too many pitches thrown and way beyond his inning quota.

The error at first base was the killer for me. It was the second baseman's ball the whole way and the pitcher would have never been there in time to make the play. Then to go break your hand is just stupid.

Ugh, I really wanted to see Bauer win game 3 for the Bruins. Oh well.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:

This was what I was expecting to see as well. Oh well, at least this season exceeded my expectations and we've got cole and bauer for another year.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Awesome game last night, a nail biter to the end. The Gamecocks are a scrappy bunch that rely on defense and pitching to win close games. They may not have the star power of some pitchers but they got the job done. Great season and congrats to the Gamecocks, 2010 National Champions!!!!! :D

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Bruin7 said:
My Bruins were soooo close to winning their first College World Series Championship. Oh well...

Allen
That's ok, they have over 100+ other championships in other sports. SC just wanted it more and outplayed UCLA, hats off to them.

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
Go Gamecocks!

Long time waiting on the first men's national title. Hopefully this breaks the seal.

Ray Tanner deserves this. Now there is more to his legacy than getting Carolina Stadium built.

Bradley, Marzilli and Christian Walker look like potential pros. Roth might have pitched himself into a draft slot on the strength of this tournament alone.

Oh and by the way Clemson went down twice for this to happen.

Doesn't get any better than that.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
saucywombat said:
Go Gamecocks!

Long time waiting on the first men's national title. Hopefully this breaks the seal.

Ray Tanner deserves this. Now there is more to his legacy than getting Carolina Stadium built.

Bradley, Marzilli and Christian Walker look like potential pros. Roth might have pitched himself into a draft slot on the strength of this tournament alone.

Oh and by the way Clemson went down twice for this to happen.

Doesn't get any better than that.

Don't forget Freshman Matt Price! He kept the door shut all series.

Members online