Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Strasburg red 1/1 auto headed to real auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Hes gonna lose a lot of perspective bidders/buyers by moving it to this auction house. The vast majority of "hype bidders" will have no idea its even up for sale now.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
These type of places are savvy, I have seen ebay auctions listed to announce the house contact. This happens with Pre-War item from time to time.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
He may miss out on Hype bidders, but under this format he will get paid and the bidders will be
pre-qualified and when it sells the money will almost be automatic.
Hope Robin Williams is not busy in July so he can bid on the card. Hell even Ken Oberman will be there. :lol:

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
It's not the Super!

"As bidding for Strasburg's 2010 Bowman Chrome Superfractor Card reached $992, 000 on the Internet auction site..."

People not knowing what they're talking about reporting things. ::facepalm::

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Pine Tar said:
He may miss out on Hype bidders, but under this format he will get paid and the bidders will be
pre-qualified and when it sells the money will almost be automatic.
Hope Robin Williams is not busy in July so he can bid on the card. Hell even Ken Oberman will be there. :lol:

Who the hell is Ken Oberman?

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
An auction house sold all of Bernie Madoff's sports cards and they all sold for near or above eBay prices.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Honestly if I pulled a card of this magnitude this is the exact route I would go. Too many crazies on eBay.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I like how the radio station says the red border auto 1/1 is similar to a Stras base none chrome non auto. I guess they are kinda right in the same way a skateboard is similar to a Lamborghini

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm really happy to hear that the aucton's moving to a venue meant to support these types of cards.

My favorite quote: "When bids for the Strasburg card -- which is numbered 1 of 1 and autographed -- topped $500,000, card collectors became skeptical." I think people became skeptical at about a tenth of this amount :)

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
vetsgt02 said:
I like how the radio station says the red border auto 1/1 is similar to a Stras base none chrome non auto. I guess they are kinda right in the same way a skateboard is similar to a Lamborghini

It is the same as comparing a White Lamborghini to a Red Lamborghini is it not? ;)

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Count me as the guilty party in getting this consigned to a "real auction". I was there for the WTOP interview and more are being set up. With pre-registered bidders, cash advances, professional writing/photography, national advertising, 100% insurance throughout the entire process and rates lower than weekly internet auctions....this is a natural choice. Our auction house is also not only known for vintage, but for high quality modern material as well. Hopefully those who pull similar cards in the future will look to established auction houses, where our prices realized are on par (or better) than the typical, weekly internet auctions. Most importantly, over our last 5-6 auctions which have totalled $10 million+, 99.8% of our auctions are paid for.

J-

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
vwnut13 said:
vetsgt02 said:

It is the same as comparing a White Lamborghini to a Red Lamborghini is it not? ;)

Not really when the card they show is not autographed, not numbered and sells for $20 and they compair to a car Autographed numbered 1/1 and selling for $500K +

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
leatherman said:
I bet the fees are lower in an auction house, compared to eBay, for this sale.

The fees must be practically nothing - the publicity this generates should bring a lot more business to that auction house over time.

I know it it were my card, I'd take the top several card auction houses in the country and pit them against each other to find the best deal I could make knowing this would be a prestigous card for any auction house to have.

I can't wait to see what the card legitimally brings in.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
vetsgt02 said:
vwnut13 said:
vetsgt02 said:

Not really when the card they show is not autographed, not numbered and sells for $20 and they compair to a car Autographed numbered 1/1 and selling for $500K +

Ah, I thought you said base auto.

Then the only difference is that the Red Lambo has 1/1 on the seats and the White doesn't.

Members online

Latest posts